Online Appeal Application
We are now accepting online applications to appeal Regular Assessments for Secured Property and Unsecured Personal Propert during our filing period between July 2 and September 15 of each year. Taxpayers without agents can file and pay for the application online. If you are an agent or wishing to file a different type of appeal please go to Filing a Formal Appeal for more information.
Before you begin:
- You should have the Annual Notice you recently received from the Assessor or the Unsecured Tax Bill from the Treasurer/Tax Collector available to you as you begin this process.
- You will be required to pay the filling fee of $60.00 (plus a non-refundable convenience fee of 2.25% or a minimum of $2.49). Payments for the online application can only be made with a Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover card (no checks accepted).
- A PDF reader is required to read and print the application. A free reader can be downloaded at www.adobe.com.
- The application process will take you approximately 15 minutes to complete. Please make sure you have sufficient time available to complete this application before you begin.
- You are required to have the latest version of one the following browsers to complete and submit your application. The recommended browsers are Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
Please Note: Due to compatibility issues, Windows Edge is currently not supported.
Please Note: The online application and payment of the required fee must be completed by midnight of September 15th. If September 15th falls on a Saturday, Sunday or a Holiday, applications completed by midnight of the next business day shall be considered timely. Upon approval of your application, an acknowledgement letter will be mailed to the mailing address provided.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at (415) 554-6778 or by email to email@example.com.
Assessment Appeals Board
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlet Place
City Hall, Room 405
San Francisco, CA 94102-4689
Click on the following Online Application link to file a Formal Appeal.