Resources for Best Practices in Asthma Patient Care
1. National Guidelines for Asthma Patient Care:
- NHLBI National Health Lung and Blood Institute Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma (EPR-3)
- New EPR-3 Asthma Guidelines Summary
- Summary Report 2007 NAEPP EPR-3 Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma,
Figure 18. Estimated Comparative Daily Dosages for Inhaled Corticosteroids
2. Continuing Medical Education (CME) for Medical Providers:
The Not One More Life program and the CHEST Foundation have jointly released several free CME education modules aimed at helping clinicians reduce health disparities in patients with asthma.
National Jewish Medical and Research Center: Case Simulations "Regaining Control of Severe Asthma";developed by Expert Faculty (3/09). Requests for credit must be received no later than March 6, 2010.
US Centers for Disease Control: ATSDR Case Studies in Environmental Medicine: Environmental Triggers of Asthma; illustrates environmental exposures to allergens, air pollutants, environmental tobacco smoke and workplace exposures that both cause and exacerbate asthma
National Environmental Education Foundation Pediatric Asthma Initiative; designed environmental questionnaires to administer to
National Asthma Educator Certification Board; the NAECB exam is a voluntary testing program used to assess qualified
health professionals' knowledge in asthma education.
3. National Respiratory Health Professional Organizations:
- National Jewish Medical and Research Center; Physician Line
5. Asthma & Nutrition Resources: