May 27, 2010
BICYCLE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Thursday, May 27, 2010
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place (Polk Street), Room 408
1. Roll Call
2. Announcements & Acknowledgments
3. Approve Minutes - April 22, 2010 Meeting
4. Public Comment: (Discussion Item)
The public may address the Committee on any matter within the jurisdiction of the Committee. This should not relate to any item on this agenda since the Committee will take public comment after it discusses and/or before voting on each agenda item. The Committee requests that each person limit him/herself to three minutes.
5. Chairman's Report (Information)
- Committee Member Business – Continued opening in District 6
- Monthly Activities – Bike to Work Day, Senior Action Network Meeting
6. Committee Member Reports (Information)
7. MTA Bicycle Program Report – See MTA Bicycle Program Report to the BAC for May 2010 (http://www.sfmta.com/cms/cbike/3170.html).
8. Task Force Reports
a. Golden Gate Park – Susan King, District 5
b. Bicycle Report Card Task Force – No Report
c. BART Task Force - Mariana Parreiras (off-month - absent)
d. Shared Mode Working Group – Proposal for PSAC, SFBC, BAC, WalkSF, SAN, MDC, SFPD, DPH development of joint resolution: Cooperative Use of Streets and Sidewalks.
9. SF Civil Grand Jury – “Sharing the Roadway: From Confrontation to Conversation.” Recommended amendments to the SF Bike Plan of 2009. Deadline for comments to the Findings and Recommendations to Superior Court – July 12. Final Report on Bike Plan Amendments by January 1, 2011. The Grand Jury Report with Findings and Recommendations can be reviewed at http://www.sfsuperiorcourt.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=2624
Sponsor: Bert Hill, Chair
Room 408 of City Hall is wheelchair accessible. The closest accessible BART Station is Civic Center, three blocks from City Hall. Accessible MUNI lines serving this location are: #47 Van Ness, and the #71 Haight/Noriega and the F Line to Market and Van Ness and the Metro stations at Van Ness and Market and at Civic Center. For more information about MUNI accessible services, call 923-6142. There is accessible parking in the vicinity of City Hall at Civic Center Plaza and adjacent to Davies Hall and the War Memorial Complex.
Large print copies of the agenda, sign language interpreters, or assistive listening systems can be made available by contacting the DPT staff liaison, Lorraine R. Fuqua, at 415-554-9808.. In order to assist the City’s efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illnesses, multiple chemical sensitivity, or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the City accommodate these individuals.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
Government's duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public. Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people's business. The Sunshine Ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people's review. For information on your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance (Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code) or to report a violation of the ordinance, contact Donna Hall; by mail to Sunshine Ordinance Task Force, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 244, San Francisco CA 94102 by phone at (415) 554-7724, by fax at (415) 554-7854 or by email at Donna.Hall@sfgov.org Citizens may obtain a free copy of the Sunshine Ordinance by contacting Ms. Hall or by printing Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code on the Internet, at http://www.sfgov.org/sunshine.htm Persons from the public may inspect documents referred to on the agenda by contacting our staff liaison, Frank Markowitz at 252-4696.
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code, Section 2.100, to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 30 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 3900, San Francisco, CA 94102, telephone 415-581-2300, fax 415-581-2317, or visit their Web site at www.sfgov.org/ethics/.