The Department has made ending violence against women a priority program area. In addition to providing resources and reports, the work of the Department in this program area comes in several forms:
VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN PREVENTION AND INTERVENTION GRANTS PROGRAM (VAW)
- VAW Grants Program Annual Performance Summary: The Violence Against Women Prevention and Intervention Grants Program funds community-based violence prevention programs in San Francisco. The Annual Performance Summary documents service outcomes by fiscal year.
- Domestic Violence Counts: 2009 Census of Domestic Violence Services - The Department conducted a 24-hour survey of domestic violence service providers to gain a better sense of the help-seeking patterns of victims of domestic violence. The report outlines the findings of this survey.
- Creating a Safer San Francisco: Integrating Multicultural Strategies to End Violence Against Women and Girls (pdf) - This needs assessment conducted in 2007 showcases the strengths of the current provider network, and examines gaps in the domestic violence intervention system.
- Contact List of Partner Agencies in the VAW Grants Program FY 2011-2014
- The Department created the 'Respect is Sexy' Ad Campaign and the "Every 9 Seconds" Domestic Violence Resource Guide to educate the public about violence against women.
- Violence Against Women and Girls in San Francisco: Meeting the Needs of Survivors (Also available as a PDF)
- 2014 Violence Against Women Community Needs Assessment Final Report
Written by ETR Associates, this comprehensive report detials the needs of the San Francisco community. It will help draft with the 2014 Violence Against Women Prevention and Intervention Request for Funding Proposal (RFP).
MAYOR'S TASK FORCE ON ANTI-HUMAN TRAFFICKING
Subcommittees: Illicit Massage Parlor, Child Sex Trafficking
Meetings are held every month at City Hall. For more information, click here.
FAMILY VIOLENCE COUNCIL
Meetings are held quarterly at San Francisco Superior Court unless otherwise noted.
For more information, click here.
- Comprehensive Report on Family Violence in San Francisco, 2011 (pdf): In this 3rd annual report, the Family Violence Council examines child abuse, domestic violence, and elder abuse in San Francisco. You can also view the 2010 and 2009 reports.