Ballot Simplification Committee Information – June 5, 2018 Consolidated Statewide Direct Primary
Ballot Simplification Committee meetings for the June 5, 2018, Consolidated Statewide Direct Primary Election are tentatively scheduled to begin Monday, February 26, 2018.
The Committee must complete its work no later than 85 days before the election, which is Monday, March 12, 2018.
For any correspondence with the Ballot Simplification Committee members, contact Barbara Carr at (415) 554-4375 or by e-mail at
Meeting Notices and Agendas
Agendas are posted at least 72 hours prior to each meeting, as mandated by the Sunshine Ordinance. Other meeting materials are made available as early as possible. All materials are posted in reverse chronological order (most recent on top).
Check back in February 2018 for information about meetings.
Information About Local Ballot Measures
Check back in February 2018 for information about local ballot measures.
When Information Becomes Available
Information about each measure will be posted before the meeting scheduled to draft the digest for that measure. Any materials that result from a meeting will be posted as soon as possible after the meeting. Timing varies depending on when the materials are available to the Department of Elections.
Information posted before a meeting
At minimum, the information will include:
- Legal text of the proposed ballot measure
- Draft digest provided by the City Attorney’s office, which serves as a starting point for the Committee’s work during the meeting.
Other information will be posted as available, such as:
- Legislative digests for measures submitted by the Board of Supervisors
- The City Attorney’s title and summary for initiative measures
- Department analyses of proposed initiative measures required under San Francisco Municipal Elections Code Sec. 350
- Correspondence directed to the Committee related to the digest of the measure
Information posted after a meeting
Information will be posted as available, such as:
- Approved digest, with the deadline for Requests for Reconsideration
- Correspondence shared with the Committee during the meeting related to the digest of the measure
- Requests for reconsideration of an approved digest
- Final digest that will be published in the Voter Information Pamphlet