High School Elections Ambassador Program
Be a High School Elections Ambassador
The Department of Elections invites San Francisco high school students to be a High School Elections Ambassador during High School Voter Education Weeks: April 17 to 28, 2017.
What You Do as a High School Elections Ambassador:
- Volunteer with the San Francisco Department of Elections during High School Voter Education Weeks April 17 to 28, 2017
- Register voters age 16 and older
- Promote election awareness by displaying materials on your campus
- Organize a voter registration event at your school or in your community
What You Get as a High School Elections Ambassador:
- Community-service hours from your school
- Certificate of Honor from Mayor Lee
- Civics experience for college application
- Customer service skills for resume
- Satisfaction of helping your community
- Department of Elections thank-you gifts
High School Voter Education Weeks:
California Education Code designates the last weeks in April and September as High School Voter Education Weeks. This provides an opportunity for high schools and their students to partner with elections officials to promote civic education on campus and cultivate lifelong voters and active citizens.
Apply to be a High School Elections Ambassador before or on April 10, 2017.
To learn more, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org