Make Changes to Your Registration Record
The deadline to make changes to your registration record is 15 days before an election.
To change your name or political party preference, or to update the signature in your registration record, you must re-register. Visit the Registration Basics page.
Update Your Registration
The following changes to your voter registration record can be made by submitting a Registration Update Form. Print, sign, and return the form to the Department of Elections either by mail, by fax to (415) 554-4372, or as a scanned email attachment to SFVote@sfgov.org
- Add, update, or remove mailing address
- Add, update, or remove telephone number
- Add, update, or remove email address
- Update address or apartment number
- Add or remove permanent vote-by-mail status
- Request Voter Notification Card
The following changes to your registration record can be made online, without a signature.
Cancel Your Registration
To cancel your San Francisco voter registration, complete the Request to Cancel Voter Registration.