How to File a Complaint
Thefollowing steps should be taken to file a complaint with the Juvenile ProbationDepartment:
- If your child is detained in Juvenile Hall, questions or complaints should first be directed to the Director of Juvenile Hall at (415)-753-7503.
- Grievance forms are available within each living unit in Juvenile Hall and Log Cabin Ranch and may be submitted to a locked box if your child whishes to file a grievance regarding his or her treatment while in either facility.
- If your child is on probation, questions or complaints should first be directed to the Director of Probation at 415-753-4416.
- The Chief Probation Officer has an open door policy and is available to discuss any matter related to youth served by JPD. To make an appointment please call (415)-753-7556.
- Complaints regarding discrimination or the Sanctuary Ordinance can also be referred to the Human Rights Commission. More information can be obtained by calling 415-252-2500 or via the web at http://sf-hrc.org/how-file-sanctuary-city-ordinance-complaint
- Public Complaint Form (pdf)