Micro-LBE Set-Aside Request for Proposals
Outreach & Education on San Francisco’s Labor Laws
OLSE RFP# 2017-01
Bids due: January 27, 2017
Time Due: 5:00 P.M. PDT
Estimated Contract Value: $100,000
Micro Set-Aside Local Business Enterprise (LBE) Requirement: In order to be responsive to this RFP, Respondents must be San Francisco Micro-LBE certified firms providing Community Relations/Public Affairs, and/or Educational and Training Services at the time of submittal. There is no LBE subcontracting requirement for goods and services contracted under this RFP. See RFP Appendix A – Attachment 5 for more information.
If you have questions, please contact
OLSE 2017-01 Micro-LBE Set-Aside RFP
Questions and OLSE Responses
Posted Order of the Date Received
1. Is this a new pursuit or a contract engaged previously by OLSE?
The specific services being provided are different.
2. If not, who has the contract now or who was the service provider?
The specific deliverables sought in this RFP are different from those of prior contracts. However, the Office of Labor Standards Enforcement (OLSE) has contracted for similar services with other agencies previously. Two prior outreach contract awards have been awarded to the Legal Aid Society – Employment Law Center (now Legal Aid at Work) and the Chinese Progressive Association.
3. If this is a new pursuit, what is the agency doing for outreach currently to these communities?
OLSE has conducted education and outreach to low-income and immigrant communities through professional services contracts for the last decade.
4. Does the agency have a strategic plan for outreach?
OLSE does not currently have a published strategic outreach plan.
5. If this is not a new pursuit, will you make available what the previous contractor has done for OLSE?
The deliverables OLSE seeks through this contracting process are new and specific to this contract.
6. Has OLSE been satisfied with the services performed to date by the current contractor?
7. Why is OLSE going out to bid?
OLSE received additional budget for education and outreach services last year.