Facility Usage: Community Rooms: Rules and Regulations
Southeast Community Facility
Earl P. Mills Community Center
RULES & REGULATIONS
“These policies are made to ensure the greatest availability of the facilities for the entire community. It is expected that individuals and organizations will respect the spirit in which these policies are made; and that staff has the discretion to determine if the policies are being abused. Privileges for using the facility may be withheld on that basis.
1) Reservations shall be made for
2) Applicant assumes full responsibility for any and all damages to facility, property, grounds and equipment.
3) Although no deposit is due prior to confirming use of either facility, the Service Fee shall be paid when applicant takes access to the facility (before the event). The Service Fee is payable to the Contractual Event Monitor; and Security Guard Fee is made payable to the Security Service by company/organization check, money order, cashiers check, or cash, as identified in applicant’s confirmation letter (a receipt will be provided). “PERSONAL CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.” Do not make payments to the SECF Commission.
4) All social events serving/selling alcohol (beer, wine, champagne, hard liquor, etc.) require at least one San Francisco Police Department (SFPD) “10B” Officer. SFPD Security Fee shall be made payable to the SFPD by company/organization check, money order, or cashiers check, as identified in applicant’s confirmation letter. “PERSONAL CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.” Do not make payments to the SECF Commission. No exceptions!
5) All social events are required to have at least one Contractual Event Monitor and one or more bona fide security guardor SFPD. One cannot be an event monitor nor provide their own arrangement for SFPD security for their own event.
6) Applicant will acquire a 24-hour alcohol beverage sale permit from Alcohol Beverage Control (1515 Clay Street, Suite 2208, Oakland, CA 94612 (415) 356-6500) if alcoholic beverages are to be sold. Copy of permit must be submitted to the SECF Commission Office at least one week before the event. Permit must be presented to Event Monitor on day of event. State Law prohibits the sale of alcohol beverages without license and to minors.
7) A responsible adult attending the event must be in control of serving of alcoholic beverages during event. State Law prohibits the serving of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated persons and minors, and it is the legal, liable responsibility of the applicant/sponsor of the event for their actions, and shall provide transportation home for inebriated person(s). The consumption of alcoholic beverages is limited to the Community Room only. Drinking alcoholic beverages in the parking lot are not allowed.
8) All social events/meetings (birthdays, graduations, dances, parties, etc.) given by or for minors (under 21 years of age) require a SFPD “10B” Officer as security as deemed necessary by the SECF Commission/Executive Director. A responsible adult must submit application for use of city property and be present during event.
9) Some social events (e.g., fundraising dance) may require completion of “One Night Dance” permit application which must be filed with the San Francisco Entertainment Commission Room 453 City Hall at 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place San Francisco, CA 94102. Applicant must submit an approved “One Night Dance” permit prior to date of event. Copy of the approved permit must be submitted to SECF office.
10) Smoking, Narcotics, Gambling, Bingo, Raffle are prohibited in or about the premises.
11) All items used during event, i.e. serving utensils, plates, dish soap and cleaning supplies etc. must be provided by user and removed upon departure.
12) Use of thumb tacks, nails, screws, staples, duct tape or similar material to fasten items or materials to walls, cabinets, windows or doors are forbidden. Scotch or blue painters tape may be used. Deco
13) Any reservation may be canceled by the SECF Commission/Executive Director at his/her discretion.
14) Neither the SECF Commission, its employees or representative nor the City will be responsible for any lost article in the buildings or on the grounds and/or parking lot area. Nor will the SECF Commission or City be responsible for automobile vandalism or theft.
15) Premises are used at applicant's own risk. Neither the City, SECF Commission nor SECF Staff assumes any responsibility for accidents to any person or groups of persons. No cost or obligation of any kind shall accrue to the City, SECF Commission or its Staff by reason of approval of facility use.
16) At the direction of the SECF Commission/Executive Director, applicants are required, at their own cost/expense to provide a personal injury/property damage liability insurance policy (issued by an insurance company prior to any scheduled event in which alcoholic beverages will be served/sold) in a sufficient amount as determined by the SECF Commission/Executive Director. Said policy shall cover contractual liability assumed under this agreement. For purposes of this permit, the term personal injury shall be deemed to include bodily injury, false arrest, detention or imprisonment, malicious prosecution, libel, slander, defamation of character, invasion of privacy, wrongful eviction, and wrongful entry.
Certificate of insurance (under the provisions of the City Civic Center Act) in the amount of not less than $500,000--personal injury, $100,000 and property damage, $400,000 shall be delivered to the Executive Director of the SECF Commission at least ten (10) days prior to the use of the facility. The coverage shall include contractual liability. Said policy or policies shall cover all activities contemplated under this permit. Insurance is definitely required when alcoholic beverages are sold and/or served--NO EXCEPTIONS!
17) No admission fee/donation of any kind shall be charged/asked unless event is sponsored by a verifiable non-profit (501c3) organization. Proof of non-profit designation status is required.
18) Applicant agrees to abide by, conform to and comply with all laws of the United States and the State of California; all the ordinances of the City and County of San Francisco; all rules and requirements of the Police and Fire Department of the City and County of San Francisco; and will not do or suffer to be done, anything on said premises under this permit in violation of such rules, law or ordinance.
All above Rules and Regulations stated will be unilaterally enforced