June 3, 2013 SECFC Facility Advisory Committee Notice of Meeting
FACILITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY FACILITY COMMISSION
Monday, June 3, 2013
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Earl P. Mills Auditorium
100 Whitney Young Circle
San Francisco, California 94124
Requests for public comment may also be heard after Commission discussion of an agenda item by completing an information card and submitting it to the Commission Secretary. Requests are given ‘first come first serve’ priority and speakers may be limited to three minutes.
A G E N D A
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. ANNOUNCEMENT: The Sunshine Ordinance prohibits the use of electronic sound-producing devices at/during public meetings. Please be advised that the meeting chair may remove any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices from the meeting room.
4. CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Agenda and are considered routine by the SECF Facility Advisory Committee and will be acted upon by a single vote of the Committee. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Committee or a member of the public so requests before or at the meeting when the consent Agenda is called, in which event the matter shall be removed from the consent Agenda and considered as a separate item.
5. PROPOSED ACTION: Be it resolved that the minutes of the regularly scheduled Committee meeting of Monday, May 6, 2013, be approved as submitted.
6. PUBLIC COMMENT IS LIMITED TO 3 MINUTES: Members of the public may address the committee on matters under the jurisdiction of the committee that are not on today’s agenda.
7. INVITEES (Discussion & Possible Action)
John Roddy, Deputy City Attorney
Topic: History of Earl P. Mills Auditorium departmental transitions, entities of jurisdiction, and the
Southeast Community Facility Commission
Dave Curto, Contracts Designee, City and County of San Francisco, Human Services Agency
Lawland Long, Executive Director, FACES SF
Ken Washington, Operations Director, FACES SF
Topic: Update on the utilization and jurisdiction of the Earl P. Mills Auditorium and SECFC offices located at 100 Whitney Young Circle
8. NEW BUSINESS REQUESTS for Future Agenda Items. (Discussion)
(This item is to allow Commissioners & staff to suggest/ introduce agenda items for future consideration)
9. PUBLIC COMMENT IS LIMITED TO 3 MINUTES: Members of the public may address the committee on matters under the jurisdiction of the committee that are not on today’s agenda.
10. ANNOUNCEMENTS (Discussion Only)
The next scheduled meeting for the SECFC Facility Advisory Committee (TBA).
To obtain a disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to participate in the meeting, please contact Commission Secretary, Carla Vaughn at (415) 821-1534 and/or Cvaughn@sfwater.org at least 48 hours before the meeting, except for Monday meetings, for which the deadline is 4:00 p.m. the previous Friday.
Chair, Commissioner Brigette LeBlanc
Commissioner Al Norman
Ex-Officio, Commissioner Willie Kennedy
Toye Moses, Executive Director, SECFC
Francis Starr, Sr. Management Assistant
Carla Vaughn, Commission Executive Secretary II
Marilyn Ramos, Events Coordinator, Acting
Eleanore Fernandez, Committee Coordinator