May 14, 2013 SECFC Economic Development Advisory Committee Notice of Meeting
NOTICE OF MEETING
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE
SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY FACILITY COMMISSION
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
1800 Oakdale Avenue, Conference Room Trailer 3
San Francisco, California 94124
Requests for public comment may also be heard after Commission discussion of an agenda item by completing an information card and submitting it to The Commission Secretary. Requests are given ‘first come first serve’ priority and speakers may be limited to three minutes.
A G E N D A
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. ANNOUNCEMENT: The Sunshine Ordinance prohibits the use of electronic sound producing devices at/during public meetings. Please be advised that the meeting chair may remove any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices from the meeting room.
4. PROPOSED ACTION: None
5. PUBLIC COMMENT: Members of the public may address the committee on matters under the jurisdiction of the Commission that is not on today’s agenda.
6. Discussion on committee preparations for SECFC to sponsor a Job/Business Fair scheduled for May 30th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm to promote goals of advocating and encouraging the promotion of jobs and entrepreneurial business opportunities in the BVHP/Southeast Sector. (Discussion & Action)
a) Confirmed participant organizations with possible job descriptions.
b) Official logos submitted by each employer for flyer, status
c) Verification of main contact person for each employer participating on the day of the JOB FAIR.
d) Draft program and flow/floor plan of the event, T. Priestly will present.
e) Finalize flyer and press release for event – Written by Kevin Dole and T. Priestly will present.
f) Food – What kind/Specific Vendor – Group discussion – division of labor
g) Follow-Up on Mayor’s arrival – ETA between 10:30-11:00 a.m. T. Moses needs to check with Wendell Lin, his aide/Mayor’s staff.
h) Follow-up with Supervisor Malia Cohen (ETA 10:30-11:00 a.m) with her aides Megan Hamilton, Andrea Bruss or Michael Le– T. Moses or E.Fernandez will follow-up
i) Division of labor and assessment of needs for pre-setup on May 29th, setup/takedown cleanup on May 30th.
j) With podium, need to contact Decorative Plants to put plants around podium, staging area.
k) Security and Parking (restricted) – S. Murray
l) Recap and document
7. Invitees for Future Agenda Items. (Discussion & Possible Action)
(This item is to allow Commissioners & staff to suggest/ introduce agenda items for future consideration)
8. PUBLIC COMMENT: Members of the public may address the Commission on matters under the jurisdiction of the Commission that is not on today’s agenda.
To obtain a disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to participate in the meeting, please contact Commission Secretary, Carla Vaughn at (415) 821-1534 and/or Cvaughn@sfwater.org at least 48 hours before the meeting, except for Monday meetings, for which the deadline is 4:00 p.m. the previous Friday.
Commissioner Karen A. Chung, Chair
Commissioner Al Norman, Co-Chair
Commission President Willie B. Kennedy, Ex-officio
Toye Moses, Executive Director, SECFC
Francis Starr, Sr. Management Assistant
Carla Vaughn, Executive Secretary II
Marilyn Ramos, Event Coordinator
Eleanore Fernandez, Committee Coordinator