May 16, 2013 SECFC Health, Housing & Public Safety Advisory Committee Notice of Meeting
NOTICE OF MEETING
HEALTH, HOUSING AND PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY FACILITY COMMISSION
Thursday, May 16, 2013, 12:00pm - 1:00pm
1800 Oakdale Avenue, Conference Room Trailer
San Francisco, CA 94124
The goal of the Health and Housing Committee is to advocate, promote, and increase the awareness of health problems, i.e. obesity and diabetes, prostate, cervical and breast cancer, asthma, environmental hazards, etc. affecting Bayview Hunters Point residents.
Requests for public comment may be heard after Committee discussion of an agenda item. Speakers may be limited to three minutes.
1) Call to Order
2) Roll Call
3) Announcement: The Sunshine Ordinance prohibits the use of electronic sound-producing devices at/during public meetings. Please be advised that the meeting chair may remove any person (s) responsible for the ringing or use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices from the meeting room.
4) Public Comment: Members of the public may address the Committee on matters under the jurisdiction of the Commission that is not on today’s agenda. (Limited to three minutes)
5) Planning for the SECFC Annual Health Fair (Discussion)
a. Date Saturday, October 26th and time 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
b. Division of labor
c. Projected budget to fund 2013 Southeast Community Facility Health Fair.
d. Committees and division of labor.
e. Booth participation and sponsors.
f. Solicitations and donations for the Health Fair.
g. Health Fair flyer, poster, and pre-event media (email, social network,SFPUC Currents web page, WWE newsletter, local newspapers)
Timeline with mile stones and division of labor.
7) Action Plans & Recommendation to the full SECF Commission
8) New Business Requests for Future Agenda Items. (Discussion)
(This item is to allow Committee members & staff to suggest/ introduce agenda items for future consideration)
9) Public Comment
To obtain a disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to participate in the meeting, please contact Commission Secretary, Carla Vaughn at (415) 821-1534 and/or Cvaughn@sfwater.org at least 48 hours before the meeting, except for Monday meetings, for which the deadline is 4:00 p.m. the previous Friday.
Bobbrie Brown, Chair
Dr. Harrison Parker, Co-Chair
Willie B. Kennedy, Commission President, Ex-officio
Louise C. Jones, Former Health & Housing Committee Chair
Dr. Caesar Churchwell, Former Commissioner
Dan Goldman/ Kathy Summers/ Alan Rathbun/ Emily Wade-Thompson/ Heidi Hardin/ Lyslynn Lacoste/ Torrance Bynum/ Jorge Cordoba /Alan Kwok/ Michele Davis/ Veronica Shepard
Toye Moses, SECFC Executive Director
Samuel A. Murray, SFPUC Outreach Director
Francis Starr, SECFC Senior Management Assistant
Carla Vaughn, SECFC Commission Secretary
Brenda Jones, SFPUC Community Development Specialist
Eleanore Fernandez, SFPUC Subcommittee Coordinator
Marilyn Ramos, SECFC Event Coordinator