Southeast Community Facility Commission - July 10, 2014 - Meeting Agenda
SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY FACILITY COMMISSION
OUTREACH & DIVERSITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Thursday, July 10, 2014
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
1800 Oakdale Avenue, Bungalow Conference Room
San Francisco, California 94124
The goal of the Outreach & Diversity Advisory Committee is to increase community attendance and diversity at Commission meetings and events as well as raise awareness in the San Francisco community of the SECF Commission activities.
Requests for public comment may also be heard after Commission discussion of an agenda item by completing an information card and submitting it to the Commission Secretary. Requests are given ‘first come first serve’ priority and speakers may be limited to three minutes.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL AND SUNSHINE AUDIO RECORDING POLICY
3. CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Agenda, are considered routine by the SECF commission and will be acted upon by a single vote of the Commission. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Commission or a member of the public so requests before or at the meeting when the consent Agenda is called, in which event the matter shall be removed from the consent Agenda and considered as a separate item.
4. PROPOSED ACTION: Be it resolved that the minutes of the Committee meeting of Monday,
June 23, 2014, are approved as submitted.
5. PUBLIC COMMENT: Members of the public may address the Committee on matters under the jurisdiction of the Commission that is not on today’s agenda. (Limited to three minutes)
6. ANNOUCEMENT: The Sunshine Ordinance prohibits the use of electronic sound-producing devices at/during public meetings. Please be advised that the meeting chair may remove any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices from the meeting room.
The 2014 Southeast Community Facility Commission Annual Health Fair will be held on Saturday, October 4th in the Alex Pitcher, Jr. Community Room from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The next meeting of the Outreach & Diversity Advisory Committee is scheduled for Thursday, August 14, 2014.
7. COMMITTEE BUSINESS (Discussion & Information)
a. Update on the progress made contacting Dr. Marshall at KMEL “Street Soldiers”.
8. COMMITTEE CHAIR REPORT (Information & Discussion)
9. ON-GOING BUSINESS (Discussion & Information)
a. Update on contact KQED – Channel 9 to announce Southeast Community Facility Commission meetings in their public service announcements.
b. Update on creating eye-catching graphics in poster/flyer form to promote Commission meetings in all languages. Include pictures of the facility and/or Commissioners as well as a 3 by 5 or 4 by 6 card for handouts.
c. Update on follow-up with SFPUC to confirm budget to sponsor a poster contest.
d. Update from Lance Burton on the creation of a 30 second PSA and contacting KPOO radio station for airing.
e. Update on the meet and greet breakfast for the 41 Faith based organizations.
f. Update on Lance Burton/Planet Fillmore discussion regarding collaboration between BayCat, creation of a media center, contact SF Commons and various stations for programming options.
g. Update on sponsorship of a multi-cultural event “Around the World Tea”.
RE 10. NEW BUSINESS REQUESTS for Future Agenda Items (Discussion)
(This item is to allow Committee members & staff to suggest/introduce agenda items for future consideration)
11. PUBLIC COMMENT
Commissioner Eddy Zheng, Chair
Commissioner LaVaughn K. King
Alternate: Chairperson Karen Chung
Lance Burton/ Carl Alexander
Toye Moses, SECFC Executive Director
Francis Starr, SECFC Sr. Management Assistant
Carla Vaughn, SECFC Commission Executive Secretary II
Marilyn Ramos, SECFC Events Coordinator
Eleanore Fernandez, SECFC Committee Coordinator