Southeast Community Facility Commission - July 23, 2014 - Meeting Agenda
NOTICE OF MEETING
SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY FACILITY COMMISSION
Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 6:00 P.M.
1800 Oakdale Avenue, Alex Pitcher Jr., Community Room
San Francisco, CA 94124
MISSION STATEMENT OF SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY FACILITY COMMISSION
To advocate and encourage the promotion of special services for the improvement of entrepreneurial business opportunity, health, safety, welfare of residents in the Southeast Sector of the City and to promote diversity and the health, safety as well as professional development of its employees.
Request for public comment may also be heard after Commission discussion of an agenda item by completing an information card and submitting it to the Commission secretary. Requests are given “first come, first serve” priority and speakers may be limited to three minutes.
- ROLL CALL
- SUNSHINE ORDINANCE AND AUDIO RECORDING POLICY: The Sunshine Ordinance prohibits the use of electronic sound-producing devices at/during public meetings. Please be advised that the meeting Chair may remove any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices from the meeting room.
- ADOPTION OF MINUTES
3.1 PROPOSED ACTION: Be it resolved that the minutes of the Commission meeting of Wednesday, July 9, 2014 be approved as submitted.
- PUBLIC COMMENT LIMITED TO 3 MINUTES: Members of the public may address the commission up to three minutes on matters under the jurisdiction of the Commission not on today’s agenda. Speakers shall address their remarks to the Commission as a whole and not individual Commissioners or Department staff. This portion of the agenda is not intended for debate or discussion with the Commission or staff. Please simply state your business or matter you wish the Commission or staff to be aware of. It is not appropriate for Commissioners or staff to engage in a debate or respond on issues not properly set in a public noticed agenda. If you have questions or would like to bring a matter/issue to the Commissions attention, please contact the Commission Secretary after the meeting at (415) 821-1534 and/or Cvaughn@sfwater.org.
Statement: Mayor Lee’s Statement on Ratified Muni Driver Contract
Statement: Mayor Lee’s Statement Urging FDA To Lift Ban On Blood Donation By Gay & Bisexual Men
Statement: Mayor Lee’s Statement on Transportation Bond For November 2014 Ballot
Press Release: Mayor Lee Announces Two New Parks & Urban Open Space in South Of Market
Letter of invitation to Ms. Davida Desmond, Executive Director of Reform and Accountability, SFUSD, to provide an update on the Zone Schools.
- The next meeting of the Southeast Community Facility Commission will be Wednesday, August 13, 2014.
- The 2014 Southeast Community Facility Commission Annual Health Fair will be held on Saturday, October 4th in the Alex Pitcher, Jr. Community Room from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Announcements from Commissioners and Staff.
- ADVISORY Committees Reports
Governance Advisory Committee, (Chair, Commissioner Karen Chung, Commission Members, Commissioner Brigette LeBlanc, Commissioner LaVaughn King, Community Members, James Autry, Greg Doxey, Siri Datta Khalsa, Alma Robinson)
The next meeting of the Governance Advisory Committee will be held on (TBD).
Health, Housing & Public Safety Advisory Committee, (Chair, Commissioner LaVaughn King, Commission Member, Commissioner Janine Greer, Alternate, Commissioner Eddy Zheng, Community Members, Dan Goldman, Louise C. Jones, Lyslynn LaCoste, Dr. Harrison Parker, Onika Shabazz, Veronica Shepard)
Commissioner LaVaughn King will provide a summary of the meeting held on Monday, July 14th.
The next meeting of the Health, Housing and Public Safety Advisory Committee will be held on Monday, July 28th.
Economic Development Advisory Committee, (Chair, Commissioner Al Norman, Commission Member, Commissioner Eddy Zheng, Alternate, Commissioner LaVaughn King, Community Members, Eli Goldman, Tempe Priestly, Shamann Walton)
The next meeting of the Economic Development Advisory Committee will be Tuesday, August 5th.
Facility Advisory Committee, (Chair, Commissioner Brigette R. LeBlanc, Commission Member, (Vacant) Alternate, Commissioner Bobbrie Brown, Community Members, John Chung, Steve Good, Siri Datta Khalsa, Robert Woods,)
The next meeting of the Facility Advisory Committee will be held on (TBD).
Outreach & Diversity Advisory Committee, (Chair, Commissioner Eddy Zheng, Commission Member, Commissioner LaVaughn King, Alternate, Commissioner Bobbrie Brown, Community Members, Reverend Carl Alexander, Lance Burton, Barbara Ockel)
The next meeting of the Outreach & Diversity Advisory Committee will be Thursday, August 14th.
Ms. Barbara Taylor-Smith, Acting Executive Director and Administrator of Housing Development and Modernization, San Francisco Housing Authority
TOPIC: Goals and plans of the Housing Authority and the impact on District 10 residents.
- ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION
DISCUSSION regarding reaching out to domestic violence agencies that might be interested in opening up a space in the community facility. (No Action)
- CHAIRPERSON’S REPORT
10.1 Reinstatement of Commissioner Al Norman as the Commission Member for the Facility Advisory Committee.
10.2 Appointment of Community Members to Advisory Committees
- STAFF/DIRECTOR REPORT
SECFC staff will provide updates on the current activities, operations, budgetary process and services provided by the Southeast Community Facility Commission staff.
11.1 SAN FRANCISCO PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION STAFF REPORT & GENERAL UPDATE
Sam Murray, Interim Facility Manager & Southeast Community Liaison, SFPUC
13.0 NEW BUSINESS REQUESTS for Future Agenda Items
(This item is to allow Commissioners & staff to suggest/introduce agenda items for future consideration)
14.0 ADJOURNMENT: This agenda and all minutes can be viewed at http://www.sfgov.org/sefacility. Agenda, Minutes, and attachments are also available at the commission office at 1800 Oakdale Avenue, Suite B, San Francisco, CA 94124. Phone (415) 821-1534.
If any materials related to an item on this agenda have been distributed to the Southeast Community Facility Commission after distribution of the agenda packet, those materials are available for public inspection during normal office hours at the Commission office at 1800 Oakdale, Avenue, Suite B.
Meetings and Disability Access
The Southeast Community Facility Commission meetings are held twice monthly as follows: 2nd (second) Wednesday and 4th (fourth) Wednesday of each month (unless otherwise posted at least 72 hours prior to meeting date).
Meetings are held in the evenings (6 p.m.) at 1800 Oakdale Avenue, Alex L. Pitcher, Jr. Community Room (this room is often used by government agencies and officials when scheduling town meetings). All meetings are open to the public and welcome comments from community members.
The closest BART Station is located at Glen Park. Accessible MUNI Lines serving this location are the #23 Monterey, #24 Divisadero, and #44 O’Shaunessey. There is accessible parking available in the Southeast Community Facility parking lot and ample off-street parking on Oakdale and Phelps Street.
The Southeast Community Facility is a “SMOKE-FREE” environment; whereas smoking is prohibited inside the building. Accessible integrated seating is available for persons with disabilities (including those using wheelchairs).
Individuals with other disabilities can also be accommodated, provided advance notice is given by contacting the office of the Southeast Community Facility Commission at (415) 821-1534.
- Sign language interpreters with at least a 48 hour notice prior to meeting.
- Sound enhancement system with at least one-week notice prior to meeting.
- Minutes of meeting in large print, tape form, and/or readers upon request.
Severe allergies, environmental illness, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities should contact the Accessibility Hotline at (415) 554-8925 to discuss meeting accessibility.
In order to assist the City’s efforts to accommodate such people, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical-based products.