Southeast Community Facility Commission - July 28, 2014 - Meeting Agenda
NOTICE OF MEETING
SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY FACILITY COMMISSION
HEALTH, HOUSING AND PUBLIC SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Monday, July 28th,
Monday, August 11th, August 25th,
Monday, September 8th, and September 22nd
12:00 P.M. – 1:00 P.M.
1800 Oakdale Avenue, Bungalow Conference Room
San Francisco, CA 94124
The goal of the Health, Housing and Public Safety Advisory Committee is to advocate, promote, and increase the awareness of health problems, i.e. obesity and diabetes, prostate, cervical and breast cancer, lupus, asthma, environmental hazards, etc. affecting Bayview Hunters Point residents.
- ROLL CALL
- SUNSHINE ORDINANCE AND AUDIO RECORDING POLICY: The Sunshine Ordinance prohibits the use of electronic sound-producing devices at/during public meetings. Please be advised that the meeting Chair may remove any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices from the meeting room.
- ADOPTION OF MINUTES:
- PROPOSED ACTION: Be it resolved that the minutes of the Committee meeting of Monday, July 14, 2014, be approved as submitted.
- PUBLIC COMMENT, LIMITED TO 3 MINUTES: Members of the public may address the Committee up to three minutes on matters under the jurisdiction of the Committee not on today’s agenda. Speakers shall address their remarks to the Committee as a whole and not individual Commissioners or Department staff. This portion of the agenda is not intended for debate or discussion with the Committee or staff. Please simply state your business or matter you wish the Committee or staff to be aware of. It is not appropriate for Commissioners or staff to engage in a debate or respond on issues not properly set in a public noticed agenda. If you have questions or would like to bring a matter/issue to the Committees attention, please contact the Commission Secretary after the meeting at (415) 821-1534 and/or Cvaughn@sfwater.org.
The next meeting of the Health, Housing and Public Safety Advisory Committee is Monday, August 11th.
The SECFC 7th Annual Health Fair will be held Saturday, October 4th in the Alex Pitcher Community Room from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Announcements from Committee members & staff
Planning for the SECFC Annual Health Fair
- Updates on kid-friendly activities from Commissioner Greer & Staff; 1.) Face Painting, 2.) Sidewalk chalk 3.) Balloon Lady 4.) Mini-Farmers Market 5.) Rock the Bike – Bike Blender (kids can ride the bike and create a healthy smoothie)
- Update on Kaiser participation/donation application
- Updates from either Ms. Wade-Thompson and/or Alex Brasfield with Playworks, will plan to have reps from all 4 schools in the Hunter’s Point come to our health fair
- Updates for 2014 poster/flyers - Staff
- Updates on plaque, certificate, etc.
Update from the awardee planning committee members. The nominees are;
Kathy Summers, Veronica Shepard, Emily Wade-Thompson, Greg Coleman, and Belle Taylor-McGhee, LaVaughn King, Dan Goldman and Onika Shabazz.
- Update from Data Collection/Survey Committee – Dr. Harrison Parker, Veronica Shepard & James Illig
- Update from Program Committee – Dr. Harrison Parker, Kathy Summers, Veronica Shepard and Chair, Commissioner LaVaughn King
- Update from Essay and Art Contest Committee – Emily Wade-Thompson and Veronica Shepard
- Update on recruiting/confirming vendors – Staff and Committee members
- Update soliciting/confirming donations - Staff and Committee members
- Update on letters sent to Mr. Kevin Truitt per Ms. Wade-Thompson’s request for letters to the principals regarding the health fair and SFUSD participation. - Staff
- Update on dental van – Staff
- Update from UCSF Dental School participation
- Update on UCSF Medical Students’ participation
- Update on American Red Cross’ participation
- New Business Requests for Future Agenda Items:
(This item is to allow Committee members & staff to suggest/ introduce agenda items for future consideration)
To obtain a disability‐related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to participate in the meeting, please contact Commission Secretary, Carla Vaughn at (415) 821-1534 and/or Cvaughn@sfwater.org at least 48 hours before the meeting, except for Monday meetings, for which the deadline is 4:00 p.m. the previous Friday.
Chair, Commissioner LaVaughn K. King
Commission Member, Commissioner Janine Greer
Alternate, Chairperson Karen Chung
Dan Goldman/ Louise Jones / Lyslynn Lacoste / Dr. Harrison Parker / Onika Shabazz / Veronica Shepard / Kathy Summers, Please note the Commission Chairperson is the Alternate on all Advisory Committees.
Toye Moses, SECFC Executive Director
Francis Starr, SECFC Senior Management Assistant
Carla Vaughn, SECFC Commission Secretary
Marilyn Ramos, SECFC Event Coordinator
Eleanore Fernandez, SECFC Committee Coordinator
Samuel A. Murray, SFPUC Interim Facility Manager