Mayor's Disability Council
The Mayor's Disability Council, staffed by the Mayor's Office on Disability, was re-organized by the Mayor in October, 1998, to provide a better vehicle for public input.
The Mission of the Mayor's Disability Council is to:
- Advise the Mayor of San Francisco on disability issues
- Work with the Mayor's Office on Disability to ensure ADA Compliance
- Provide a public forum to discuss disability issues
These meetings set the standard for public accessibility with a fully accessible site, powered door openers, accessible seating and speaker podiums, an infra-red assistive listening system, a telephone bridge for public comment from home, televised open captioning, and American Sign Language interpreters.
The MDC meets every third Friday of the month at City Hall, Room 400 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and also has monthly Disability Disaster Committee Meetings and Physical Access Committee Meetings. See Upcoming Meetings for schedules.
- About the MDC – English (pdf)
- About the MDC – Chinese (pdf)
- About the MDC – Spanish (pdf)
- About the MDC – Tagalog (pdf)