Copyright © 1999-2004 City & County of San Francisco. All rights reserved.
Tuesday, May 20, 2003
25 Van Ness Ave Suite, Suite 70
San Francisco, CA 94102
NOTICE: For information related to any of the following matters, please call Sarah Lenoue at (415) 252-3257. Explanatory documents are available for public inspection and copying at the Arts Commission office, 25 Van Ness Ave, Ste 240, during regular business hours.
The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
Public comment regarding specific items will be taken before or during consideration of the item.
Motion to authorize the Director of Cultural Affairs to enter into contract with the San Francisco Symphony for the 2003 Summer in the City concert series for the amount of $1,211,979.
Discussion regarding the FY 2003-04 Arts Commission Budget.
- Discussion and motion to approve the FY 2003-04 Community Arts and Education budget.
- Discussion and motion to approve a $10,000 allocation from the PAF to fund a consultant to be named for an agency strategic planning process.
Motion to review and approve the following to the Cultural Equity Grants panel pool:· Rosalyn Tonai, National Japanese American Historical Society, Inc.
· Marilyn Shaw, board member, Eureka Theatre, Playwrights Foundation, Playbrokers
· Eugene J. Sakai, AIA, architect
· Laura Derosier, choreograher
· Maher Sabry director & playwright. Program Director of Jon Sims Center
· Fredric Sonenberg, former executive director of San Francisco Arts Education
Foundation, founding member of New Century Chamber Orchestra Board of Directors
· Tom Stone, violinist, Cypress String Quartet
· Valerie Chow Bush, editor, journalist
- Motion to approve recommendations for 19 grants in the 2003 cycle of Cultural Equity Initiative - Level One category in the amount of $291,900.
- Cultural Equity Grants Program Director Report.