2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000
Community Facility Commission
M I N U T E S
WEDNESDAY, MAY 22, 2002
1800 Oakdale Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94124
I. Call to Order: The Southeast Community Facility Commission agreed that in the absence of both the Commission President Millard Larkin and the Commission Vice President Malik Looper, the Commission Secretary, Kathy Basconcillo would chair the Wednesday, May 22, 2002 Commission meeting. The Commission meeting was called to order at 6:24 p.m. in the Alex L. Pitcher Community Room at 1800 Oakdale Ave.
II. Announcement: The Commission Secretary announced: "The Sunshine Ordinance prohibits the use of electronic sound-producing devices at/ during public meetings. Please be advised that the meeting chair may remove any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices from the meeting room."
III. Roll Call:
Present: Commissioner Bobbrie Brown
Commissioner Heidi Hardin
Commissioner Enola Maxwell
Commissioner Kim Nguyen
Commissioner Atiliai Tofaeono
Not Present: Commission Millard Larkin II
Commissioner Malik Looper
Staff Present: Robert Bryan, Dep. City Attorney; Toye Moses, Executive Director; Kathy Basconcillo, SECF Commission Secretary
IV. Approval of Minutes:
Commission Secretary tabled the minutes of Tuesday, May 9, 2002 until the Commission meeting of Thursday, June 13.
V. Public Comment: No public comment was offered at this meeting.
a) Mr. Cedric Jackson, Manager One Stop Career Center/Southeast stated that as a tenant of the Southeast Community Facility, he would suggest to the Commission that a resolution be presented to the Commission Secretary for her outstanding service to the Community as well the tenants of the Southeast Community Facility;
b) SFPD Bayview Station Capt. Puccinelli asked if there was any concern from the Commission or Community raised by the recent newspaper article regarding the SFPD:
- Commissioner Brown raised that she is concerned that the statistics documented in the article were not broken out by neighborhood, but were representative of the whole City;
- After agreeing that the crime solvability rate could be improved, and several policies need to be changed, Capt. Puccinelli also stated that he and the Bayview Station fully support Chief Fred Lau and that other statistics that should have been raised in the article were glossed-over.
However, in order to have more Community involvement in this discussion, the Commission asked for Capt. Puccinelli to return and make presentation when this topic is calendared at a future meeting.
a) Invitation from MUNI to the Groundbreaking Ceremony of the Third Street Light Rail Project on Tues., May 28 at 4th and King Sts. beginning at 11:00 a.m.;
b) Flyer from the California State Dept. of Insurance re: Low-Cost car insurance;
VII. Director's Report:
a) Still awaiting Webmaster update of the Commission's website (www.ci.sf.ca.us) which is current with agenda and minute postings;
b) The FY02-03 budget request will be decided upon before the end of June, Commission will be kept updated
c) Mayor Brown has re-appointed Commissioner Enola D. Maxwell to another term on the Southeast Community Facility Commission; the swearing-in ceremony will be on Tuesday, June 4 at 3:30 p.m. in front of Room 200 at City Hall;
d) SFPUC/Commercial Land Mgmt. is still working on a draft lease agreement for Decorative Plant Services; Commission will be updated;
e) Reminder: Fri., May 24, is the current Commission Secretary's last day, the Executive Director will out of town also that day returning on Tuesday, May 28 and leaving for vacation on Monday, June 9 returning on Mon. June 17, but will miss the next Commission scheduled for Thursday, June 13;
f) We are still experiencing problems with the facility elevators, although work has just been completed on (passenger) Elevator #2;
g) In light of the current city-wide ‘hiring freeze', we have received notice from the PUC General Manager today considering a exception for the SECF to hire administrative assistance to replace the secretary; Commission will be updated.
Commissioner Hardin moved and Commissioner Brown seconded to accept the Director's Report. Motion passed.
VIII. Introduction of New Business:
- Commissioner Brown suggests inviting Bayview Station Capt. Puccinelli to publicly respond to concerns raised in the recent article on the SFPD crime rate solvability, and any other issues;
- Director Moses reminded the Commission that Supervisor Newsom will attend the Wednesday, June 26 Commission meeting speaking on ‘Homelessness Reform';
- Commissioner Hardin suggests calendaring discussion for the Commission Secretary's resolution at the next meeting;
Commissioner Hardin reminded and invited everyone present to the 10th Annual Children's Mural Program and 2nd Annual BEEP! Final Celebration to be held this Friday, May 24, from 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. at the Bayview Opera House/Ruth Williams Memorial Theater.
- The Bayview Rotary Club and San Francisco Police Officer's Association, an the Mayor's Office of Neighborhood Services are sponsoring a Community Picnic on Saturday, June 1, 2002 at Martin Luther King Pool (Third Sts. Between Carroll and Armstrong) from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m., free lunch, baseball, and prizes. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend. (Mr. Jackson also announced that Capt. Puccinelli is personally responsible for getting the baseball equipment donated.)
Commissioner Maxwell moved and Commissioner Brown seconded to adjourn the SECFCommission meeting into a light Going Away Reception for the Commission Secretary at6:58 p.m.
Respectfully submitted: _________________________
- (Commission Secretary)