2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000
NOTICE OF MEETING
SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY FACILITY COMMISSION
Thursday, January 13, 2005– 6:00 P.M.
1800 Oakdale Ave., Alex L. Pitcher Community Room
San Francisco, CA 94124
Requests for public comment may also be heard after Commission discussion
of an agenda item by completing an information card and submitting it to
The Commission Secretary. Requests are given ‘first come first serve’
Priority and speakers may be limited to three minutes.
A G E N D A
1.0 CALL TO ORDER AND CONSENT CALENDAR
1.1 Call to Order and Announcements from President
Announcement: The Sunshine Ordinance prohibits the use of electronic
sound-producing devices at/during public meetings. Please be advised that the meeting chair may remove any person (s) responsible for the ringing or use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices from the meeting room.
1.2 Roll Call
1.3 Consent Calendar:
Consent Calendar: All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Agenda, are considered routine by the SECF Commission and will be acted upon by a single vote of the Commission. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Commission or a member of the public so requests before or at the meeting when the Consent Agenda is called in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered as a separate item.
1.3 (a) PROPOSED ACTION: Be it resolved that the minutes of the SECF Commission meeting of Monday, December 20, 2004 be approved as submitted.
2.0 PUBLIC COMMENT: Members of the public may address the Commission on matters under the jurisdiction of the Commission that are not on today’s agenda.
3.0 COMMUNICATIONS (Discussion):
- Letters of Request to Rebecca Mayer, Mayor’s Scheduling Secretary re: Resolution of Intent for Street Vacation (Hunters Point Shipyard)
- Letter of Invitation to Chancellor Day, CCSF re: Update on City College of San Francisco, specifically the Southeast Campus.
- Letter of Invitation to Mr. Roy Willis, Lennar re: S.F. Redevelopment Agency Model Block Program
- Letter of Invitation to Chief Heather Fong, SFPD and Bryan Baker, Chief Executive Officer of Safety Dynamics re: Safety Dynamic’s Acoustic Smart Sensor System.
4.0 SECFC/COMMUNITY ADVISORY GROUP’S (CAG) RECOMMENDATION
(Discussion & Possible Action related to):
1. AMENDMENT OF LEGISLATIVE ORDINANCE - Commission to seek Legislative Ordinance from Board of Supervisors that amends Ordinance 54 to remove the advisory nature of the Commission and provide the SECF Commission with direct authority to manage the Facility and its activities.
2. CHARTER AMENDMENT – Commission to pursue that resolution be undertaken and cast to a vote to amend Charter 54 making SECFaciilty Commission a chartered commission.
(John Roddy, Deputy City Attorney)
(Damone Hale, Esq., Vice-Chair SECFC/CAG)
(Michael Harris, Esq., SECFC/CAG)
3. Budgetary matters related to the operation & maintenance expenses
(Copies of the CAG’s recommendation and resolution are available for public purview before and after the meeting at the Commission office, 1800 Oakdale Avenue, Suite B, San Francisco, (415) 821-1534
5.0 DIRECTOR’S REPORT (Discussion & Approval):
(a) Update on Southeast Community Facility Activities and Operations.
(b) Update on SECFacility tenants and sublease tenants (Clean Water/General Fund)
(c) Update on Budget for Clean Water & General Fund
(d) Update on Safety Dynamic’s Acoustic Smart Sensor System.
6.0 OLD & ONGOING BUSINESS: (Discussion & Action):
- Update on emergency meeting with Mayor’s Office re: Resolution of Intent for Street Vacation (Hunters Point Shipyard)
7.0 INTRODUCTION OF NEW BUSINESS BY COMMISSIONERS
8.0 PUBLIC COMMENT: Members of the public may address the Commission on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda that are within the jurisdiction of the Southeast Community Facility Commission.
9.0 ELECTION OF COMMISSION OFFICERS (Discussion & Action):
- Nomination for SECFC President
- Nomination for SECFC Vice President
This agenda and all minutes can be viewed at http:/www.ci.sf.ca.us/sefacility. Agenda, minutes and attachments are also available at the Commission office of 1800 Oakdale Avenue, Suite B San Francisco, CA 94124. Telephone # (415) 821-1534.
The Southeast Community Facility Commission meets next on Wednesday, January 26, 2005.