2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000
NOTICE OF MEETING
SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY FACILITY COMMISSION
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:00 P.M.
1800 Oakdale Ave., Alex L. Pitcher Community Room
San Francisco, CA 94124
Requests for public comment may also be heard after Commission discussion
of an agenda item by completing an information card and submitting it to
the Commission Secretary. Requests are given ‘first come first serve’.
Priority and speakers may be limited to three minutes.
1.0 CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL, AND CONSENT CALENDAR
1.1 Call to Order and Announcements from President
Announcement: The Sunshine Ordinance prohibits the use of electronic sound-producing devices at/during public meetings. Please be advised that the meeting chair may remove any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices from the meeting room.
- Roll Call
- All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Agenda, are considered routine by the SECF Commission and will be acted upon by a single vote of the Commission. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Commission or a member of the public so requests before or at the meeting when the Consent Agenda is called, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered as a separate item.
a) Proposed Action: Be it resolved that the minutes of the SECF Commission meeting of Thursday, August 13, 2009 be approved as submitted.
2.0 PUBLIC COMMENT
2.1 Members of the public may address the Commission on matters under the
jurisdiction of the Commission that is not on today’s agenda.
3.0 COMMUNICATIONS (Discussion)
- Invitation To The New SFPD Chief of Police, George Gascon To Get Acquainted With The Southeast Community
- Invitation To Dwayne Jones And Dean Hunnicutt To Provide An Update To The Commission On The New Gateway To College Program
- Statement: Mayor Gavin Newsom’s Statement On Bart Strike
- Press Release: SFMTA Mobilizes Transit, Traffic and Parking Resources in Preparation for Potential BART Strike
- Invitation to attend the swearing-in of George Gascon as Chief of the San Francisco Police Department on Friday, August 21, 2009
- Media Advisory: AFL-CIO President Joins Local and State Labor Leaders to Laud San Francisco’s Health Care System, Tout Need for National Public Option
4.0 PRESENTATION (Discussion)
Mr. Jimi Harris, Governmental Relations and Public Affairs, Pacific Gas and Electric Company
TOPIC: The Dismantling of the BayView Hunter’s Point Power Plants
5.0 REPORT OF THE PRESIDENT
6.0 PUBLIC SAFETY AND OUTREACH AD-HOC COMMITTEE REPORT
(Discussion & Action) (Commissioner Sampson)
7.0 STAFF/DIRECTOR REPORT (Discussion & Action)
Report to include updates, budget, and announcements regarding the high dust cleaning, painting HeadStart, cleaning of the Alex Pitcher Room, activities and operations of the Southeast Community Facility.
8.0 NEW BUSINESS (Discussion & Action)
Resolution to support Mayor Newsom’s Initiative proposing the United Nations Global Warming Center at San Francisco’s Hunters Point Shipyard.
9.0 INTRODUCTION OF NEW BUSINESS BY COMMISSIONERS FOR FUTURE AGENDA
(Discussion & Action)
10 PUBLIC COMMENT
Members of the public may address the Commission on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda that are within the jurisdiction of the Southeast Community Facility Commission.
11 ANNOUNCEMENTS (Discussion Only)
This agenda and all minutes can be viewed at http://www.sfgov/sefacility. Agenda, minutes, and attachments are also available at the Commission office at 1800 Oakdale Avenue, Suite B, San Francisco, CA 94124. Phone # (415) 821-1534.
If any materials related to an item on this agenda have been distributed to the Southeast Community Facility Commission after distribution of the agenda packet, those materials are available for public inspection during normal office hours at the Commission office at 1800 Oakdale Avenue, Suite B.
The Southeast Community Facility Commission meets next on Thursday, September 10, 2009.
PLEASE PARK YOUR CAR ON THE STREET. DO NOT PARK IN ASSIGNED PARKING SPACES.
For More Information, Please Call Carla Vaughn, Commission Secretary (415) 821-1534.