2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004
State Legislation Committee
March 12, 2008
City Hall, Room 305
Mayor’s Office (Chair) – Nancy Kirshner-Rodriguez
Supervisor Peskin – David Noyola
Supervisor Alioto-Pier – Catherine Stefani
City Attorney’s Office – MaryJane Winslow
Treasurer’s Office – David Augustine
Assessor’s Office – Alissa Pines
Controller’s Office – Peg Stevenson
Sybil L. Boutilier
I. ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF MEETING MINUTES
The Committee approved the minutes of the July 18, 2007 meeting of the State Legislation Committee.
III. ORGANIZATIONAL DISCUSSION
- The purpose of this committee is to make recommendations for endorsement, opposition, or neutrality of legislation pending before the California State Legislature that would affect the City andCounty of San Francisco.
- Suter and Associates are available to distribute legislation and add legislation to watch lists for any department in need of this service.
- Friday 10:00 A.M. conference calls with Suter and Associates are open to anyone looking to participate in them or bring issues to the table. Contact Nancy Kirshner-Rodriguez at 415-554-4846 to participate. Suter & Associates can be reached at 916-442-0412
- Discussion withheld on legislative priorities for this committee to take official action on.
- Each department is asked to send comprehensive and summarized versions of their department’s state legislative agenda. Due to Nancy Kirshner-Rodriguez, Director of Government Affairs (Mayor’s Office) by Wednesday March 19, 2008.
IV. PROPOSED LEGISLATION
The Committee voted on the following positions on state legislation affecting the City and County of San Francisco:
A. AB 659 (Ma) Continuity of Care – Section 7A pertaining to childcare
Position taken: Approved this specific clause in the bill
V. SET REGULAR SCHEDULE FOR FUTURE COMMITTEE MEETINGS
Next meeting: Thursday March 27, 2008 2:00pm Room 288, City Hall
VI. SUGGESTIONS FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
No additional bills were requested for future agendas
VII. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT
No members of the public requested to comment