Street_Artists_Committee2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003
STREET ARTISTS COMMITTEE
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 70
- Hearing and possible motion to approve proposal to disallow computer-generated paintings on canvas, wood, or any other surface from being sold in the Street Artists Program. (proposal submitted by street artists)
- Hearing and possible motion to approve proposal to eliminate 10-day renewal policy to allow for renewal of more than 10 working days after a certificate's expiration date. (proposal submitted by street artists)
- Hearing and possible motion to approve issuance of certificate
Paula Datesh (Grundman): On April 9, 2003, the Arts Commission denied re-issuance of Ms. Grundman's (Datesh's) certificate after finding that she had violated the Street Artists Ordinance in the following manner: (1) Selling within five feet of a fire hydrant; (2) Selling in a location not designated by the Board of Supervisors, 2nd offense; (3) Selling items not certified by the Arts Commission, 2nd offense; (3) Conducting business in a disorderly, improper, hazardous manner by (a) threatening in writing a street artist and (b) threatening verbally, and disrupting businesses of, street artists. On July 3, 2007, Ms. Datesh requested a hearing for consideration of issuance of a new certificate in accord with the Arts Commission's procedure to hear such requests by former certificate-holders whose certificates were revoked.
- Hearing and possible motion to approve proposal by Program Director for temporary winter holiday selling spaces for street artists in Downtown area and at Harvey Milk Plaza; designation for November 15, 2007 - January 15, 2008) (same spaces and same time period as approved for 2006-07).
- Hearing and possible motion to approve resolution commending Street Artist Fernando Hechavarria for bravery. (resolution requested by street artists and Program Director)
- Hearing on request for Advisory Committee of Street Artists and Craftsmen Examiners enforcement on Beach Street.
- Street Artists Program Director's Report
- New Business
September 6, 2007
Explanatory documents are available for public inspection and copying at the Arts Commission office, 25 Van Ness Ave, Suite 240, San Francisco CA 94102 during regular business hours. Tel: INFO: (Howard Lazar 415-252-2583).
Public comment in regard to specific items will be taken before or during consideration of the item.
The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance (San Francisco Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code sections 2.100 - 2.160) to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 25 Van Ness, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA 94102, telephone (415) 252-3100, fax (415) 252-3112 and web site.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
Government's duty is to serve the public, reaching its decision in full view of the public. Commission's, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people's business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people's review. For more information on your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance or to report a violation of the ordinance, contact Frank Darby by mail to Administrator, Sunshine Ordinance Task Force, City Hall, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 244, San Francisco CA 94102-4689; by phone at (415) 554-7724; by fax at (415) 554-7854; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Citizens interested in obtaining a free copy of the Sunshine Ordinance can request a copy from Mr. Darby or by printing Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code on the Internet, http://www.sfgov.org/sunshine/