Street_Artists_Committee2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003
STREET ARTISTS COMMITTEE
NOTE: New meeting date for this meeting
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 70
- Action. Hearing and possible motion to approve policy of receiving application and certificate fee payments in the form of checks or money orders only (no cash).
- Action. Hearing and possible motion to approve authorization of Program Director to request Board of Supervisors for temporary designation of street artist selling spaces on 17th Street, north side, at Castro and Market Streets, as part of a "mini-plaza" proposed by the Castro Upper Market Benefit Community District.
- Action. Hearing and possible motion to reduce wasteful usage of lottery supplies by rescinding procedure which allows street artists to enter into the space-assignment lotteries the names of street artists not present at the lotteries.
[On July 1, 2002, the Arts Commission adopted a "continuation of amended lottery procedures" which allows street artists to enter into the lotteries names of street artists not present at the lotteries.]
- Discussion. Street Artists Program Director's Report.
- Discussion. Street Artists Liaison Committee's Report.
- Discussion. New Business/Public Comment.
April 29, 2009
Explanatory documents are available for public inspection and copying at the Arts Commission office, 25 Van Ness Ave, Suite 240, San Francisco CA 94102 during regular business hours. Tel: INFO: (Howard Lazar 415-252-2583).
Public comment in regard to specific items will be taken before or during consideration of the item.
The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance (San Francisco Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code sections 2.100 - 2.160) to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 25 Van Ness, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA 94102, telephone (415) 252-3100, fax (415) 252-3112 and web site.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
Government's duty is to serve the public, reaching its decision in full view of the public. Commission's, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people's business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people's review. For more information on your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance or to report a violation of the ordinance, contact Frank Darby by mail to Administrator, Sunshine Ordinance Task Force, City Hall, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 244, San Francisco CA 94102-4689; by phone at (415) 554-7724; by fax at (415) 554-7854; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Citizens interested in obtaining a free copy of the Sunshine Ordinance can request a copy from Mr. Darby or by printing Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code on the Internet, http://www.sfgov.org/sunshine/