Copyright © 1999-2004 City & County of San Francisco. All rights reserved.
Tuesday, August 20, 2002
25 Van Ness Ave Suite, Suite 70
San Francisco 94102
NOTICE: For information related to any of the following matters, please call Sarah Lenoue at (415) 252-3257. Explanatory documents are available for public inspection and copying at the Arts Commission office, 25 Van Ness Ave, Ste 240, during regular business hours.
The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
Public comment regarding specific items will be taken before or during consideration of the item.
- Motion to approve the Community Arts and Education FY 2002-2003 budget.
- Review and approve the addition of the following individuals to the Cultural Equity Grants Panel Pool:
·Dawn-Elin Fraser, actor and teacher
·Lisa Steindler, Artistic Director, Encore Theatre Co.
·Conor Howard, Director, Irish Arts foundation
·Nancy Kates, teacher, activist, filmmaker
·Dr. Dee Mosbacher, teacher and filmmaker
·Jennifer Dowdell, author
- Motion to modify the approval of recommendations for 34 grants totaling $435,100 in the 2002 cycle of the Organizational Project Grants (Resolution # 0603-02-153 from May Executive Committee Meeting) to be 34 grants totaling $505,500.
- Motion to review and approve 20 grants totaling $332,900 in the 2002 cycle of Cultural Equity Initiatives, Level One.
- Motion to review and approve 3 grants totaling $360,000 in the 2002 cycle of Cultural Equity Initiatives, Level Two.
- Motion to review and approve 10 grants totaling $169,180 in the 2002 cycle of Creative Space grants.
- Cultural Equity Grants Program Director Report.ADJOURNMENT