Copyright © 1999-2004 City & County of San Francisco. All rights reserved.
Tuesday, October 15, 2002
25 Van Ness Ave Suite, Suite 70
San Francisco 94102
NOTICE: For information related to any of the following matters, please call Sarah Lenoue at (415) 252-3257. Explanatory documents are available for public inspection and copying at the Arts Commission office, 25 Van Ness Ave, Ste 240, during regular business hours.
The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
Public comment regarding specific items will be taken before or during consideration of the item.
- Motion to approve the following Public Art Fund allocations:
Administrative costs (including rent, IT consultant, senior accountant) $37,000 SFAC home page web design $5,000 SFAC promotional brochure folder (design, editorial printing) $10,000 TOTAL $52,000
- Discussion and updates on the Arts Commission budget.
- Discussion and possible motion to grant up to $105,000 to Intersection for the Arts for services rendered for feasibility studies for a new Arts Commission facility.
- Motion to amend resolution no. 0205-01-063 and authorize the Director of Cultural Affairs to take action, without a resolution of the full Commission, on the following items:
- Approve selection panelists nominated by Arts Commission staff;
- Payments for services provided by artists, contractors, consultants, printers, graphic designers, photographers, signage fabricators and installers, photo labs and other miscellaneous project expenses that do not require design approval from the Commission and;
- Start-up of new art enrichment projects including the determination of overall project parameters and;
- Approval of short-listed candidates recommended by Selection Panelists and;
- Approval of Selection Panelists nominated by staff.
- Review and approve the addition of the following individuals to the Cultural Equity Grants Panel Pool:
?Vivien Dai, dancer, performance artist, non-profit events consultant
?Tiffany S. Broili, museum specialist, Development Assistant, SFMOMA
?Alina Hua, Development Director, NAATA, formerly with Wing Luke Asian Museum and Performing Arts Workshop
?Ruth Tobar, Executive Director, Children's Book Press
?Tamara Gould, Executive Director, Bay Area Video Coalition
?Loris A. Bradley, Performing Arts Curator, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
?Claudia L. Vierra Allen, Executive Director, Luna Sea Women's Performance Project
?Catherine Sumner, Assoc. Dir. of Development, SFMOMA
- Cultural Equity Grants Program Director Report.