November 10, 2010
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 70
1. Action. Hearing and possible motion to approve issuance of certificate or renewalof certificate.
Steven Goldberg – Certificate #5142. “Notice of Withholding of Certificate or Renewal Pending Hearing”issued to Mr. Goldberg for thefollowing alleged violations: Conductingbusiness in an improper, hazardous manner (1) Sexual harassment of a streetartist; (2) Threatening a street artist; (3) Interfering with lotteryspace-assignment procedures. (7/30/10; 8/10/10; 8/12/10)
2. Action. Hearingand possible motion to recommend rescission of screening criteria for “Slumped/FlattenedBottles and Labels” approved by Arts Commission as Resolution No. 0913-10-250 onSeptember 13, 2010 and torecommend adoption of the following criteria recommended by the City Attorney for“Slumped/Flattened or Re-Shaped Bottles”:
“Slumped/Flattened or Re-Shaped Bottles: Street Artists wishing to sellslumped, flattened, or re-shaped commercially manufactured bottles mustprepare, finish, and significantly alter the original form of the bottles.”
3. Action. Hearing and possible motion torecommend amendments of lottery space- assignment procedures for Downtown andFisherman’s Wharf areas.
4. Action. Hearing and possible motion to approvere-issuance of former certificate number (#373) to street artist David Brancato(currently #5345).
5. Discussion.Street Artists Program Director’s Report.
6. Discussion. Report by Street ArtistsLiaison Committee.
7. Discussion.New Business/Public Comment.
November 2, 2010
Explanatorydocuments are available for public inspection and copying at the ArtsCommission office, 25 Van NessAvenue, Suite 240, San Francisco,CA 94102during regular business hours. Tel: INFO: (Howard Lazar 415-252-2583).
Publiccomment in regard to specific items will be taken before or duringconsideration of the item.
The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producingelectronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that theChair may order the removal from the meeting of any person(s) responsible forthe ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producingelectronic devices.
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence locallegislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco LobbyistOrdinance (San Francisco Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code Sections 2.100– 2.160) to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the LobbyistOrdinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 25 Van Ness, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA94102, telephone (415)252-3100, fax (415) 252-3112 and website.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINEORDINANCE
Government’s duty is to serve the public, reaching its decision in fullview of the public. Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of theCity and County exist to conduct the people’s business. This ordinance assures that deliberations areconducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people’sreview. For more information on your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance or toreport a violation of the ordinance, contact Frank Darby by mail toAdministrator, Sunshine Ordinance Task Force, City Hall, 1 Dr. Carlton B.Goodlett Place, Room 244, San Francisco CA 94102-4689; by phone at (415)554-7724; by fax at (415) 554-7854; or by email at email@example.com .
Citizens interested in obtaining a free copy of the Sunshine Ordinance canrequest a copy from Mr. Darby or by printing Chapter 67 of the San FranciscoAdministrative Code on the Internet, http:/sfbos.org/sunshine