November 14, 2012
STREET ARTISTS COMMITTEE
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 70
San Francisco, CA 94102
1. Roll Call
2. Discussion. Street Artists Program Director’s Report.
Current administrative, budgetary and programming developments, announcements, and initiatives
3. Action. Hearing and possible motion to authorize Program Director to request Board of Supervisors for permanent designation of six (6) street artist selling spaces on Market Street, north side, at Spear Street.
4. Action. Hearing and possible motion to approve authorization of Program Director to request Board of Supervisors to re-designate for six (6) months two (2) street artist temporary selling spaces on Post Street, northwest corner, at Stockton Street.
5. Action. Hearing and possible motion to request Board of Supervisors to re-designate one (1) selling space (“L-2”) on Leavenworth Street, west side, at Jefferson Street, for six (6) months for street artists certified by the Arts Commission, City and County of San Francisco; exempting said space from the regulations of Police Code Section 2405(c)(6) and (11) prohibiting selling within ten (10) feet from the outer edge of any entrance to any building and prohibiting selling within five (5) feet of the display of any other street artist (continued from the 10/1/12 full Arts Commission meeting).
6. Action. Hearing and possible motion to approve Program Director’s recommendation of denial of renewal of certificate of the following certificate-holder for allegedly (1) interfering with artists’ business by making loud abusive comments; and (2) provoking a physical confrontation with another street artist (Walter Molina), constituting the following alleged violation: Conducting business in an improper, disorderly and hazardous matter:
Jameson Christiansen – Certificate #8582
Explanatory document: Original Notice of Hearing; Notice of Withholding of Certificate or Renewal Pending Hearing (Mr. Christiansen’s address redacted).
7. Action. Hearing and possible motion to approve Program Director’s recommendation of denial of renewal of certificate of the following certificate-holder for allegedly battering a street artist (Jameson Christiansen), constituting the following alleged violation: Conducting business in an improper, disorderly and hazardous matter:
Walter Molina – Certificate #8337.
Explanatory document: Original Notice of Hearing; Notice of Withholding of Certificate or Renewal Pending Hearing (Mr. Molina’s address redacted).
8. Discussion. Public Comment.
(This item is to allow members of the public to comment generally on matters within the Committee’s purview as well as to suggest new agenda items for the Committee’s consideration.)
9. Discussion. New Business and Announcements.
(This item is to allow the Commissioners to introduce new agenda items for consideration, to report on recent arts activities and to make announcements.)
10. Action. Adjournment.
Explanatory documents are available for public inspection and copying at the Arts Commission office, 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 345, San Francisco, CA 94102 during regular business hours. Tel: INFO: (Howard Lazar 415-252-2583). PLEASE NOTE: The Arts Commission often receives documents created or submitted by other City officials, agencies or departments after the posting of the Arts Commission agenda. For such documents or presentations, members of the public may wish to contact the originating agency if they seek documents not yet provided to the Arts Commission.
Public comment in regard to specific items will be taken before or during consideration of the item.
The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance (San Francisco Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code Sections 2.100 – 2.160) to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 25 Van Ness, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA 94102, telephone (415) 252-3100, fax (415) 252-3112 and web site (www.sfgov.org/ethics)
To obtain a disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to participate in the meeting, please contact Program Director Howard Lazar at (415) 252-2583 at least 48 hours before the meeting, except for Monday meetings, for which the deadline is 4:00 p.m. the previous Friday.
In order to assist the City’s efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illnesses, multiple chemical sensitivity, or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical-based products. Please help the City accommodate these individuals.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
Government’s duty is to serve the public, reaching its decision in full view of the public. Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people’s business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people’s review. For more information on your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance or to report a violation of the ordinance, contact by mail the Administrator, Sunshine Ordinance Task Force, City Hall, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 244, San Francisco CA 94102-4689; by phone at (415) 554-7724; by fax at (415) 554-7854; or by email at email@example.com.
Citizens interested in obtaining a free copy of the Sunshine Ordinance can request a copy from the Sunshine Administrator or by printing Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code on the Internet, http://www.sfbos.org/sunshine/
ACCESSIBLE MEETING POLICY
Per the American Disabilities Act and the Language Access Ordinance, Chinese, Spanish, and/or American Sign Language interpreters will be available upon request. Additionally, every effort will be made to provide a sound enhancement system, meeting materials in alternative formats, and/or a reader. Minutes may be translated after they have been adopted by the Commission. For all these requests, please contact Howard Lazar, Program Director at least 48 hours before the meeting at 415-252-2583. Late requests will be honored if possible. The hearing room is wheelchair accessible.
根據美國殘疾人士法案和語言服務條例，中文、西班牙語、和/或美國手語翻譯人員在收到要求後將會提供翻譯服務。另外，我們將盡力提供擴音設備。同時也將會提供不同格式的會議資料，和/或者提供閱讀器。此外，翻譯版本的會議記錄可在委員會通過後提供。上述的要求，請於會議前最少48小時致電 415-252-2583 向 Howard Lazar, Program Director 提出。逾期提出的請求，若可能的話，亦會被考慮接納。聽證室設有輪椅通道。
POLITICA DE ACCESO A LA REUNIÓN
De acuerdo con la Ley sobre Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (American Disabilities Act) y la Ordenanza de Acceso a Idiomas (Language Access Ordinance) intérpretes de chino, español, y lenguaje de señas estarán disponibles de ser requeridos. En adición, se hará todo el esfuerzo posible para proveer un sistema mejoramiento de sonido, materiales de la reunión en formatos alternativos, y/o proveer un leedor. Las minutas podrán ser traducidas luego de ser aprobadas por la Comisión. Para solicitar estos servicios, favor contactar a Howard Lazar, Program Director por lo menos 48 horas antes de la reunión al 415-252-2583. Las solicitudes tardías serán consideradas de ser posible. La sala de audiencia es accesible a silla de ruedas.