September 12, 2012
STREET ARTISTS COMMITTEE
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 70
San Francisco, CA 94102
1. Roll Call
2. Discussion. Street Artists Program Director’s Report.
Current administrative, budgetary and programming developments, announcements, and initiatives
3. Action. Hearing and possible motion to approve concept of a voluntary pilot program at Hallidie Plaza submitted by Union Square Business Improvement District for street artists to display their wares in uniform display booths furnished by the Union Square Business Improvement District.
4. Action. Hearing and possible motion to authorize Program Director to request Board of Supervisors to issue a temporary one-year exemption of Hallidie Plaza street artists spaces from regulations of Section 2405 (c) (3) & (4) which requires street artists spaces to be 3’ x 4’ x 5’.
5. Action. Hearing and possible motion to approve text recommended by William J. Clark and Robert J. Clark amending minutes of Street Artists Committee meeting of January 12, 2011 to include information not previously recorded due to audio recording failure.
Explanatory document:February 12, 2012 e-mail from Mr. William Clark and Mr. Robert Clark
6. Discussion. Public Comment.
(This item is to allow members of the public to comment generally on matters within the Committee’s purview as well as to suggest new agenda items for the Committee’s consideration.)
7. Discussion. New Business and Announcements.
(This item is to allow the Commissioners to introduce new agenda items for consideration, to report on recent arts activities and to make announcements.)
8. Action. Adjournment.
Explanatory documents are available for public inspection and copying at the Arts Commission office, 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 345, San Francisco, CA 94102 during regular business hours. Tel: INFO: (Howard Lazar 415-252-2583). PLEASE NOTE: The Arts Commission often receives documents created or submitted by other City officials, agencies or departments after the posting of the Arts Commission agenda. For such documents or presentations, members of the public may wish to contact the originating agency if they seek documents not yet provided to the Arts Commission.
Public comment in regard to specific items will be taken before or during consideration of the item.
The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance (San Francisco Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code Sections 2.100 – 2.160) to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 25 Van Ness, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA 94102, telephone (415) 252-3100, fax (415) 252-3112 and web site (www.sfgov.org/ethics)
To obtain a disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to participate in the meeting, please contact Program Director Howard Lazar at (415) 252-2583 at least 48 hours before the meeting, except for Monday meetings, for which the deadline is 4:00 p.m. the previous Friday.
In order to assist the City’s efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illnesses, multiple chemical sensitivity, or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical-based products. Please help the City accommodate these individuals.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
Government’s duty is to serve the public, reaching its decision in full view of the public. Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people’s business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people’s review. For more information on your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance or to report a violation of the ordinance, contact Frank Darby by mail to Administrator, Sunshine Ordinance Task Force, City Hall, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 244, San Francisco CA 94102-4689; by phone at (415) 554-7724; by fax at (415) 554-7854; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Citizens interested in obtaining a free copy of the Sunshine Ordinance can request a copy from Mr. Darby or by printing Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code on the Internet, http://www.sfbos.org/sunshine/