The Board's public hearings are held most Wednesday evenings at 5:00 p.m. City Hall, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 416. However, given the City's Health Orders related to COVID-19, hearings are being conducted remotely via the Zoom platform.
TO VIEW PRIOR HEARINGS, CLICK HERE: Please click this link to access past Board hearing videos.
Access information is posted here below:
REMOTE BOARD HEARING INFO:
NEXT HEARING DATE: January 26, 2022, @ 5:00 PM
The public may participate via telephone or computer with a Zoom link.
Watch the Board of Appeals Public Hearing:
Streaming online (30-second delay from the actual meeting) www.sfgovtv.org/boaLIVE
- Watch on Local TV: Local cable channels 26 or 78 (note there is a 10-second delay from the actual meeting).
Access the Hearing by Computer/smartphone/tablet or by telephone:
1. To access by computer/smartphone/tablet, please click the following link (or paste it into your browser): https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84072370675
2. To access by telephone, call 1-669-900-6833 and enter the meeting ID: 840 7237 0675 (please read the notes, below, prior to calling in)
- If you want to block your phone number so it is not visible during the hearing, please press *67 prior to dialing the phone number
- Participants who wish to speak on a particular item on the Board’s agenda can stay on the meeting phone line and listen for the item to be called. Please wait for staff to announce the public comment portion. If your agenda item is called and you would like to speak in public comment on your phone dial *9 and this will show a raised hand and staff will enter you into the Board meeting when it is your turn.
- The Board’s staff will indicate how much time you will have to provide your comments, you will be alerted when you have 30 seconds remaining.
- Once your public comment time has ended, you will be moved out of the live speaker line and back listening to the meeting (unless you disconnect).
PUBLIC COMMENT DURING ZOOM HEARINGS: The Board welcomes and encourages public comment. Please read below to help facilitate this process:
Providing Public Comment: Please follow these best practices to improve your call:
1. Call from a quiet location
2. Speak slowly and clearly
3. Turn down radios or televisions
DOCUMENT/VIDEO SHARING AT BOARD HEARINGS:
If you would like to share a document or video during public comment, please do the following IDEALLY AT LEAST 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE OF THE HEARING:
- email Board staff at email@example.com with the following information:
- hearing date and the agenda item that you will be speaking on
- Name and phone number
- the document, video or website link that you would like to share during the Board Meeting
- Board Staff can share your document(s), video or website links for you at the meeting when it is your turn to speak during public comment
- If you prefer to share it yourself, then staff would like to set up a test Zoom meeting, in advance of the hearing, to provide you an opportunity to ensure that you do not have technical problems sharing your material. This is not a requirement, but it is strongly encouraged in the event your document/video cannot be shared during the meeting.
- Note: Public comment may be made anonymously, and you are not required to give your name or contact information or make arrangements with Board staff in advance of the hearing.
RAISING YOUR HAND IN BOARD ONLINE MEETINGS:
If you would like to speak during public comment, please listen for your agenda item to be called, then wait until the public comment section is announced.
Please watch the attached video on how to raise your hand in a Zoom meeting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzUZeN2DGKE or follow the steps below.
Step 1: Click the ‘Participants’ button at the bottom of the screen. This brings up several options to choose from to provide nonverbal feedback.
Step 2: Select the ‘Raise Hand’ option.
If you join the webinar by phone, dial *9 to raise your hand
All Board meeting information is located on this website link: https://sfgov.org/bdappeal/meetings
If you need any help, please feel free to contact this Board’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to email this office at email@example.com if you are having any problems with the meeting phone-line/login on to the zoom meeting link or if you have any other questions. We will be monitoring this email address during the hearing.
If you require a disability accommodation, please email Julie Rosenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-(628) 652-1150. Please try to make your request at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting.
Board of Appeals Agenda and Supporting Documents links:
Letters of support or opposition from members of the public are due at the Board office no later than one Thursday prior to the hearing by 4:30 p.m.
Members of the public interested in submitting public comment are strongly encouraged to use the Board’s email address at email@example.com in order to insure receipt the scheduled hearing date. The Board accepts public comment mailed to the Board office; however, public comment sent in by US mail is frequently not received in time for the hearing given delays in mail delivery to our office.
All documents submitted to the Board of Appeals are public records and may be made available to the public for inspection and copying upon request and may appear on the Board’s website or in public documents. If you are a member of the public and are submitting public comment, but would like your name and/or personal contact information to be redacted by Board staff, you must prominently request redaction (preferably