The department provides fleet services to over 70 City departments with a combined municipal fleet total of approximately 7,800 units and is responsible for asset management, maintenance and repairs, vehicle leasing, motor pools, fueling services, vehicle acquisitions and dispositions, equipment specifications, alternative fuel program and others.
The department operates 6 maintenance and repair facilities. Central Shops staff members include automotive craft workers, machinists, welders, materials specialists, and others. Central Shops maintains a wide variety of vehicles and equipments, ranging from lawn mowers to service trucks.
Contact us or 311 for questions or concerns.
Do you have questions?
- Is your child's classmate being dropped off at school in a City vehicle?
- How is the driving of the City worker?
- Do you see a City vehicle being used to go shopping on the weekend?
- Do you want to know why a City vehicle is parked on your street?
- Do you have City vehicle questions and want answers?
- Do you have suggestions on how to improve the City vehicle usage?