Public Notices, Announcements & Reports
The City of San Francisco Contract Monitoring Division (CMD) is committed to the continued health and safety of its business partners, employees, and the community. Below are resources for businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
(Please note that CMD does not endorse nor advocate one business or organization over another and these resources are listed merely for informational purposes.)
Assorted Business Resources
- CMD COVID19 Resources for Businesses.pdf
- COVID-19 Assorted Resources 04.29.2020.pdf
- COVID-19 Contractor Jobsite Checklist.pdf
- San Francisco Department of Building Inspection COVID-19 Construction Guidance and Resources
- Sign-Up Form for Up to Date Information on San Francisco Guidance for Construction during COVID-19
- Hispanic Heritage Month (Released 9/16/2020)
- Virtual Economic Recovery Planning Event (Released 9/16/2020)
- COVID-19 COVID-19 Business Grants.pdf (Released 4/24/2020)
- COVID-19 Small Businesses Relief Fund.pdf
- COVID-19 Financial Resources for Small Businesses.pdf
- COVID-19 SF HELP.pdf
- City's First American American Small Business Revolving Loan Fund in Response to COVID19.pdf (Released 6/9/2020)
- Bay Area Neighborhood Business Grants (Released 8/16/2020)
Proposed Revisions to the Rules and Regulations Implementing Administrative Code Section 14B
- 14B Public Hearing Notice and Agenda
- Attachment A - CH14B Rules and Regulations (Clean)
- Attachment A - CH14B Rules and Regulations (Redline)
Fiscal Year 2019/20 LBE Participation Report
This report summarizes LBE certification and LBE contract awards for FY 2019/20.
Fiscal Year 2018/19 LBE Participation Report
This report summarizes LBE certification and LBE contract awards for FY 2018/19.
Fiscal Year 2015/16 LBE Participation Reports
Fiscal Year 2014/15 LBE Participation Report
Fiscal Year 2013/14 LBE Participation Report
Fiscal Year 2012/13 Annual LBE Participation Report
This report summarizes LBE certification and LBE contract awards for FY 2012/13.
"Prop Q" Reports
Pursuant to Chapter 21 of the San Francisco Administrative Code, City agencies are not required to submit purchase orders for goods and services under $10,000 to competitive bidding. Rather than relying on the bidding process for these purchase orders, City agencies are instead charged with exercising “good judgment” when placing them. These purchase orders are known Citywide as “Delegated Departmental Purchases” or, more often, “Prop Q Purchases.”
In conjunction with the OCA and Director Jaci Fong CMD is releasing these reports for informational purposes only. Last year Prop Q purchases exceeded $79 million. Approximately 15% of these purchases, or $11 million, were awarded to Local Business Enterprise (LBE) firms. Although not subject to the requirements of the LBE Ordinance, the small size of individual Prop Q contracts represent a significant opportunity for our LBEs. CMD staff would like to commend City purchasers who have shown a commitment to the LBE program.
Data from these reports can be obtained directly from Controller's website here.
Under certain circumstances, City departments may request that the CMD Director waive the LBE bid discount or LBE subcontracting goal for a particular contract. These circumstances include:
1. Sole Source Waivers
Under Section 14B.7(J)(1) of the 14B Ordinance, the LBE bid discount shall be waived when the Director finds, with the advice of the contract awarding authority and the Office of Contract Administration, that the needed goods or services are available from a sole source.
2. LBE Subcontracting Requirement Waivers
Under Section 14B.8(A) of the 14B Ordinance, the LBE subcontracting/subconsulting participation requirement may be waived by the Director when the contract awarding authority anticipates that there are no subcontracting opportunities or there are not sufficient LBEs available to perform the subcontracting work available on the contract.
Below are 14B approved waivers by quarter:
- Fiscal Year 2012-13 1st Quarter 14B Approved Waivers
- Fiscal Year 2012-13 2nd Quarter 14B Approved Waivers
- Fiscal Year 2012-13 3rd Quarter 14B Approved Waivers
- Fiscal Year 2012-13 4th Quarter 14B Approved Waivers