When Should you File a Complaint of Police Misconduct?
You should file a complaint when you feel that a member of the San Francisco Police Department has acted improperly in the course of their work. Whether the complaint is related to discourteous treatment, failure to take action, inaccurate report writing, an unjustified arrest, unnecessary force, or any other police action that you feel is wrong, the Department of Police Accountability wants to know about it.

Anonymous Complaints of Police Misconduct
Anonymous complaints will be treated with the same importance as any other complaint; however, the Police Commission has determined that anonymous complaints cannot be sustained without additional evidence.

How to File a Complaint
Please review the Complaint Process to prepare. There are several ways to file a complaint:

  1. Fill out our Online Complaint Form
  2. Visit our office at 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 700
  3. Call us at 415-241-7711
  4. Mail your complaint (print one of our prepaid-postage Complaint Forms below or simply send us a letter containing the details of your complaint)  

Download a Complaint Form
Complaint Form (English) (PDF)
Complaint Form (Spanish) (PDF)
Complaint Form (Chinese) (PDF)
Complaint Form (Russian) (PDF)
Complaint Form (Tagalog) (PDF)
Complaint Form (Vietnamese) (PDF)