Welcome to the home page of the San Francisco Juvenile Probation Department. Please feel free to browse our web pages to learn more about the work of the department in its efforts to serve the needs of youths and families while seeking to advance public safety within our neighborhoods. The juvenile justice system represents one of the most important areas of civic engagement in our society. The future of our youth and the stability of our community depend on the effectiveness of our work.
Allen A. Nance
Chief Probation Officer
In the News
- Growing a Life After Incarceration
- California Secretary of State's Voting Rights Guide for Incarcerated Persons
- Angel Enters Foster Care through Probation’s Door April 13, 2015
- New music recording program brings relief to inmates at Juvenile Justice Center March 22, 2015
- Introducing the IFTF Food Futures Lab
- Probation special units guide juvenile offenders with rehab, job training
View the Juvenile Probation Department commission meeting notices and schedules. You can also listen to archived audio meetings.
View Juvenile Probation announcements, monthly reports, statements of incompatible activities and the RFQ for Informal Recreation Services
View information about the Juvenile Advisory Council including calendar and program information.
JPD was one of six winning teams at the 2nd SF Data & Innovation Award for its role in working with HSA, DPH and SFUSD to link data to better coordinate services for youth who cross multiple city agencies.