SAN FRANCISCO POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 27, 2003
Thomas J. Cahill Hall of Justice
Closed Session 5:00 p.m.
Open Session 5:30 p.m.
850 Bryant Street, Room 551
San Francisco, California
- Roll Call
- Public Comments on all matters pertaining to the Closed Session
- Vote on whether to hold Closed Session to confer with legal counsel. (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(d)) (ACTION ITEM)
- Closed Session held pursuant to Government Code 54956.9 and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(d)
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL - Existing Litigation
a. Eric M. Hansen v. City and County of San Francisco, Claim No. 03-01152
b. Jonathan Johnson v. City and County of San Francisco, San Francisco Superior Court No. 322-080
- Reconvene in open session; Pledge of Allegiance
- Discussion and vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussion held in closed session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12(a). (ACTION ITEM)
- Approval of Minutes for the Police Commission Meetings of August 13th and 20, 2003 (ACTION ITEM)
- Police Commission Announcements
a. Motion of Calendaring of New Items (ACTION ITEM)
- Chief’s Announcements and Review of Recent Department Events (DISCUSSION ONLY)
- OCC Director’s Report re: Staffing and Budget and Summary of Recent Events (DISCUSSION ONLY)
- Public Comments
(Members of the public may address the Commission on items that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Police Commission that do not appear on the agenda.)
The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
*There will be Public Comments on any item before or during discussion of each item.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
(Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code)
Government's duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public.
Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people's business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people's review.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE OR TO REPORT VIOLATION OF THE ORDINANCE, CONTACT THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE TASK FORCE: DONNA HALL, ADMINISTRATOR, CITY HALL, ROOM 244, #1 DR. CARLTON B. GOODLETT PLACE, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102-4689; OFFICE (415) 554-7724; FAX (415) 554-5163; E-mail: Donna_Hall@ci.sf.ca.us. Copies of the Sunshine Ordinance can be obtained from the Clerk of the Sunshine Task Force, the San Francisco Public Library, and on the City's website at sfbos.org/sunshine
Lobbyist Registration and Reporting Requirements
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [SF Campaign & Government Code §2.100] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the San Francisco Ethics Commission at 30 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 3900, San Francisco, CA 94102; telephone (415) 581-2300; fax (415) 581-2317; website www.sfgov.org/ethics.