SAN FRANCISCO POLICE COMMISSION
WEDNESDAY, August 17, 2005
#1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
|Dr. Joe Marshall
Sgt. Joe Reilly
Pledge of Allegiance; Roll Call.
1. Public Comment
(Members of the public may address the Commission on items that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Police Commission that do not appear on the agenda.)
2. Hearing on the disciplinary charges filed against Officer Anthony D. Nelson (File No. C04-074 EGF, filed 05/11/04), discussion and possible action to dispose of the charges (ACTION ITEM)
The following time limits will apply:
OCC's Opening Argument: Up to 40 minutes
Charged Officer's Opening Argument: Up to 40 minutes
OCC's Closing Argument: Up to 15 minutes
The Commission may decide to consider Item No. 2, in whole or in part, in Closed Session pursuant to Government Code section 54957(b)(1) and S.F. Administrative Code section 67.10(b).
3. Public Comment on all matters pertaining to Closed Session
4. Vote on whether to hold Closed Session to confer with legal counsel. (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(d)) (ACTION ITEM)
5. Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 and 54957(b)(1) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) & (d) (ACTION ITEM)
a. Disciplinary Charges filed against Officer Anthony D. Nelson (File No. C04-074 EGF)
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
b. Raymond Nario v. CCSF et. al., USDC No. C05-1394 JSW
RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION
6. Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussion held in closed session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12(a)) (ACTION ITEM)
7. Approval of Consent Calendar (ACTION ITEM)
8. Chief's Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Update on significant policing efforts by Department members
9. OCC Director's Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Review of Recent Activities
10. Commission Announcements (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Discussion of the function of the General Orders Review Committee
11. Scheduling of items identified for consideration at future Commission meetings (DISCUSSION ONLY)
1. Request of the Chief of Police to accept the following gifts from the San Francisco Clean City Coalition Executive Director Gia Grant, valued at $6,239.45, for the SFPD Graffiti Abatement Unit: 1 Sony Vio Laptop computer; 5 Sony Digital Cameras; 5 Sandisk Memory Sticks; 2 Dynex 7 port USB Hub; 1 Optoma Projector; 1 Kensington Wireless Presenter; 1 Microsoft Wireless Mouse; 1 GS 4 to 4 pin Fire Cable; 1 Sony DCR-HC21 Video Camera; 1 package Sony Mini DV Tapes; 1 HP6210 Printer; 1 16' USB Cable; 1 Dazzle Creater Program; and 1 Dynex External Floppy
2. Recommend that the Board of Supervisors approve settlement of the following case in accordance with the advice of the City Attorney:
a. Raymond Nario v. CCSF et. al., USDC No. C05-1394 JSW
*** SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA ITEMS THAT ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT THE POLICE COMMISSION OFFICE, THOMAS J. CAHILL HALL OF JUSTICE, 850 BRYANT STREET, ROOM 505, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS. (415) 553-1667
The Commission will hear public comment on all agenda items before or during discussion of the item. Public comment is limited to three minutes for individuals and five minutes for representatives of organizations.
(The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.)
*There will be Public Comments on any item before or during discussion of each item.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
(Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code)
Government's duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public.
Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people's business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people's review.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE OR TO REPORT VIOLATION OF THE ORDINANCE, CONTACT THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE TASK FORCE: DONNA HALL, ADMINISTRATOR, CITY HALL, ROOM 244, #1 DR. CARLTON B. GOODLETT PLACE, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102-4689; OFFICE (415) 554-7724; FAX (415) 554-5163; E-mail: Donna_Hall@ci.sf.ca.us. Copies of the Sunshine Ordinance can be obtained from the Clerk of the Sunshine Task Force, the San Francisco Public Library, and on the City's website at sfbos.org/sunshine
Lobbyist Registration and Reporting Requirements
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [SF Campaign & Government Code §2.100] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the San Francisco Ethics Commission at 30 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 3900, San Francisco, CA 94102; telephone (415) 581-2300; fax (415) 581-2317; website www.sfgov.org/ethics.