Police Commission - March 10, 2021 - Agenda
SAN FRANCISCO POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 10, 2021
REMOTE MEETING VIA VIDEOCONFERENCE
WATCH: San Francisco Cable Channel 26
Members of the public may also watch the meeting through Webex at:
To listen to the audio or provide Public Comment Call-In: 415-655-0001 Access Code: 187 439 1483
(Explanatory and/or Supporting Documents, if any, are posted at: www.sfgov.org/policecommission/meetings)
In accordance with Governor Gavin Newsom’s statewide order for all residents to “Stay at Home” – and the numerous preceding local and state proclamations, orders and supplemental directions – aggressive directives have been issued to slow down and reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
The Police Commission meetings held through videoconferencing will allow remote public comment.
Visit the SFGovTV website (www.sfgovtv.org) to stream the live meetings or watch them on demand. Members of the public are encouraged to participate remotely by submitting written comments electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. These comments will be made part of the official public record in these matters and shall be brought to the attention of the members of the Commission. Explanatory and/or Supporting Documents can be found in www.sfgov.org/policecommission/meetings.
Pledge of Allegiance; Roll Call
1. General Public Comment
(The public is now welcome to address the Commission regarding items that do not appear on tonight’s agenda but that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission. Speakers shall address their remarks to the Commission as a whole and not to individual Commissioners or Department or DPA personnel. Under Police Commission Rules of Order, during public comment, neither Police or DPA personnel, nor Commissioners are required to respond to questions presented by the public but, may provide a brief response. Individual Commissioners and Police and DPA personnel should refrain, however, from entering into any debates or discussion with speakers during public comment.)
2. Reports to the Commission (DISCUSSION)
- Weekly crime trends (Provide an overview of offenses occurring in San Francisco)
- Major/Significant Incidents (Provide a summary of planned activities and events. This will include a brief overview of any unplanned events or activities occurring in San Francisco having an impact on public safety. Commission discussion on unplanned events and activities the Chief describes will be limited to determining whether to calendar for a future meeting.)
DPA Director’s Report
- Report on recent DPA activities, and announcements (DPA’s report will be limited to a brief description of DPA activities and announcements. Commission discussion will be limited to determining whether to calendar any of the issues raised for a future Commission meeting.)
Youth Commission’s Report
Report on recent activities
(Commission reports will be limited to a brief description of activities and announcements. Commission discussion will be limited to determining whether to calendar any of the issues raised for a future Commission meeting.)
- Commission President’s Report
- Commissioners’ Reports
- Commission announcements and scheduling of items identified for consideration at future Commission meetings (ACTION)
3. Presentation of the California Partnership for Safe Communities Executive Summary: Understanding Serious Violence in San Francisco 2017-2020 (DISCUSSION)
4. Presentation of the Bayview Public Safety Strategy (DISCUSSION)
5. Public comment on all matters pertaining to Item 7 below, Closed Session, including public comment on Item 6, vote whether to hold Item 7 in closed session.
6. Vote on whether to hold Item 7 in Closed Session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10) (ACTION)
7. Closed Session
a. THE COMMISSION IS NOT MEETING WITH THE SF POLICE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION IN CLOSED SESSION.
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR – COLLECTIVE BARGAINING. This item is for the Commission to meet in closed session with their labor negotiator and provide direction for bargaining with the San Francisco Police Officers Association (POA). The POA is not permitted to attend this closed session meeting.
Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6 and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(e):
City Negotiator: LaWanna Preston, SFPD Labor Relations Director
Organization representing Police Officers: SF Police Officers Association
Anticipated Issues Under Negotiation: SB 1421 Protocols (DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION)
b PERSONNEL EXCEPTION. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b)(1) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code Section 832.7:
Status and calendaring of pending disciplinary cases (ACTION)
8. Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussion on Item 7 held in closed session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12(a)) (ACTION)
9. Adjournment (ACTION ITEM)
** SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA ITEMS THAT ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL AND DOCUMENTATION THAT HAVE BEEN DISTRIBUTED TO THE COMMISSION AFTER DISTRIBUTION OF THE AGENDA PACKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT THE POLICE COMMISSION OFFICE, POLICE HEADQUARTERS, 1245 THIRD STREET, 6TH FLOOR, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94158, DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS.