Police Commission - September 8, 2021 - Agenda
SAN FRANCISCO POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2021
REMOTE MEETING VIA VIDEOCONFERENCE
WATCH: San Francisco Cable Channel 26
Members of the public may also watch the meeting through Webex at: https://ccsf.webex.com/ccsf/onstage/g.php?MTID=edbe9b4b1a0e36b420fdb61c33c0de24b
To listen to the audio or provide Public Comment Call-In: 415-655-0001 Access Code: 2481 569 2462
(Explanatory and/or Supporting Documents, if any, are posted at: www.sfgov.org/policecommission/meetings)
In accordance with Governor Gavin Newsom’s statewide order for all residents to “Stay at Home” – and the numerous preceding local and state proclamations, orders and supplemental directions – aggressive directives have been issued to slow down and reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
The Police Commission meetings held through videoconferencing will allow remote public comment.
Visit the SFGovTV website (www.sfgovtv.org) to stream the live meetings or watch them on demand. Members of the public are encouraged to participate remotely by submitting written comments electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. These comments will be made part of the official public record in these matters and shall be brought to the attention of the members of the Commission. Explanatory and/or Supporting Documents can be found in www.sfgov.org/policecommission/meetings.
Pledge of Allegiance; Roll Call
1. General Public Comment
(The public is now welcome to address the Commission regarding items that do not appear on tonight’s agenda but that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission. Speakers shall address their remarks to the Commission as a whole and not to individual Commissioners or Department or DPA personnel. Under Police Commission Rules of Order, during public comment, neither Police or DPA personnel, nor Commissioners are required to respond to questions presented by the public but, may provide a brief response. Individual Commissioners and Police and DPA personnel should refrain, however, from entering into any debates or discussion with speakers during public comment.)
2. Chief’s Report (DISCUSSION)
- Weekly crime trends (Provide an overview of offenses occurring in San Francisco)
- Major/Significant Incidents (Provide a summary of planned activities and events. This will include a brief overview of any unplanned events or activities occurring in San Francisco having an impact on public safety. Commission discussion on unplanned events and activities the Chief describes will be limited to determining whether to calendar for a future meeting.)
3. DPA Director’s Report (DISCUSSION)
- Report on recent DPA activities, and announcements (DPA’s report will be limited to a brief description of DPA activities and announcements. Commission discussion will be limited to determining whether to calendar any of the issues raised for a future Commission meeting.)
- Presentation of the June & July 2021 Monthly Statistical Reports
4. Commission Reports (DISCUSSION)
(Commission reports will be limited to a brief description of activities and announcements. Commission discussion will be limited to determining whether to calendar any of the issues raised for a future Commission meeting.)
- Commission President’s Report
- Commissioners’ Reports
- Commission announcements and scheduling of items identified for consideration at future Commission meetings (ACTION)
5. Presentation of the Department’s Collection and Analysis of Sexual Assault Kit Evidence and Reporting of Results to Sexual Assault Victims Report, per Commission Resolution 16-28, adopted April 20, 2016 (DISCUSSION)
6. Discussion and possible action to approve revised draft Department General Order 5.16, “Search Warrants,” for meeting and conferring with the San Francisco Police Officers Association and the SF Municipal Executives Association Police as required by law (DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION)
7. Adjournment (ACTION ITEM)
** SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA ITEMS THAT ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL AND DOCUMENTATION THAT HAVE BEEN DISTRIBUTED TO THE COMMISSION AFTER DISTRIBUTION OF THE AGENDA PACKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT THE POLICE COMMISSION OFFICE, POLICE HEADQUARTERS, 1245 THIRD STREET, 6TH FLOOR, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94158, DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS.