Other Announcements and Public Comment
· Discussed question posed by Bryan Gibel, missionlocal.org – How does the economic downturn affect families with asthma in the mission? Too early to see trends in data. Based on prior knowledge of poverty and asthma, problems are probably arising as they relate to overcrowding, unaffordable copays, etc.
· Marie, Meyla and Anjali spoke at District Asthma Team meeting. Positive response from Superintendent in regard to SFATF resolutions. Next DAT meetings Feb 12, 2009 and May 14, 2010
· Student Support Services Department has a new website where you can download procedure manuals, forms, etc.
· New pilot to increase teacher involvement in TfS. $9,900 funding.
· Next Env. Subcommittee meeting Monday Nov 2nd Fox Plaza
· Bay Area Health Coalition is working on increasing Air District accountability
· Discussed and approved proposal to send SFATF letter to air district to 1) increase communication transparency 2) Consider tiered approach 3) Require clean construction in impacted communities
· Research currently being done about H1N1 and asthma