Mayor's Disability Council
The Mayor's Disability Council, staffed by the Mayor's Office on Disability, was re-organized by the Mayor in October, 1998, to provide a better vehicle for public input.
The Mission of the Mayor's Disability Council is to:
- Advise the Mayor of San Francisco on disability issues
- Work with the Mayor's Office on Disability to ensure ADA Compliance
- Provide a public forum to discuss disability issues
These meetings set the standard for public accessibility with a fully accessible site, powered door openers, accessible seating and speaker podiums, an infra-red assistive listening system, a telephone bridge for public comment from home, televised open captioning, and American Sign Language interpreters.
The MDC meets every third Friday of every other month (January, March, May, July, September and November) at City Hall, Room 400 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and also has monthly Disability Disaster Committee Meetings and Physical Access Committee Meetings. See Upcoming Meetings for schedules.
- About the MDC – English (pdf)
- About the MDC – Chinese (pdf)
- About the MDC – Spanish (pdf)
- About the MDC – Tagalog (pdf)