Reentry Council - October 26, 2017 - Agenda
Thursday, October 26, 2017 10am-noon
Milton Marks Conference Center, San Diego Rooms 455 Golden Gate
San Francisco, CA
Note: Each member of the public will be allotted no more than 3 minutes to speak on each item.
1. Call to Order and Introductions.
2. Public Comment on Any Item Listed Below as for “Discussion Only.” (NOTE: public comment on items listed as “possible action” will occur during that agenda’s time.)
3. Review and Adoption of Meeting Minutes of July 27, 2017 (discussion & possible action).
4. Staff Report on Activities of the Reentry Council and its Subcommittees (discussion & possible action).
a. Staff updates (discussion and possible action)
a. Introduction of Geoffrea Morris, Adult Probation’s Women’s Gender Responsive Services Coordinator
b. Updated Roster/Reentry Council Schedule
c. Survey of services
d. Update on Mayoral appointees, proposed ordinance change
e. Demographic questionnaire
f. Report from Probation Research Network meeting
b. Subcommittee updates
a. Subcommittee rules
b. Subcommittee retreat
5. Regular Update on Legislation and Funding Related to Reentry (discussion only).
a. Update on 2017 Legislation
b. Update on Funding
c. Update on MIOCR Grant from Sheriff’s Department
6. Regular Update on Activities of the Juvenile Justice Coordinating Council, Sentencing
Commission, Collaborative Courts, and Community Corrections Partnership, LEAD, Prop 47 (discussion only).
7. Proposal to ask for incentives for nonprofit reentry services (discussion and possible action)
8. Department of Homelessness Presentation (discussion only)
9. Stop the Violence Event in the Tenderloin (discussion only)
10. Presentation on Cannabis Equity (discussion only)
11. Council Members’ Comments, Questions, and Requests for Future Agenda Items (discussion only).
12. Public Comment on Any Item Listed Above, as well as Items not Listed on the Agenda.