Reentry Council - January 25, 2018 - Agenda
Thursday, January 25, 2018
Southeast Community Facility
Alex L. Pitcher, Jr. Community Room
1800 Oakdale Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94124
Note: Each member of the public will be allotted no more than 3 minutes to speak on each item.
1. Call to Order and Introductions.
2. Public Comment on Any Item Listed Below as for “Discussion Only.” (NOTE: public comment on items listed as “possible action” will occur during that agenda’s time.)
3. Review and Adoption of Meeting Minutes of October 26, 2017 (discussion & possible action).
4. Remembering Ed Lee (discussion only)
5. Staff Report on Activities of the Reentry Council and its Subcommittees (discussion & possible action).
a. Staff updates (discussion and possible action)
a. Racial equity work
b. Calendar of meetings and locations
c. Report on legislation passed at last meeting
i. Nonprofit incentives
ii. TAY seat
d. Website updates
b. Subcommittee updates
a. Subcommittee rules
b. Subcommittee retreat
6. Regular Update on Legislation and Funding Related to Reentry (discussion only).
a. Update on MIOCR Grant from Sheriff’s Department
7. Regular Update on Activities of the Juvenile Justice Coordinating Council, Sentencing Commission, Collaborative Courts, and Community Corrections Partnership, LEAD, Prop 47, Women’s gender responsive work (discussion only).
8. Presentation on an Analysis of Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Case Dispositions and Sentencing Outcomes in San Francisco—Steven Raphael and John MacDonald (discussion only)
9. Report on MAPS (Mentoring and Peer Support) Program—Charles Simons and Erik Deiters, DPH (discussion only)
10. Report on legislative initiative to end discrimination in occupational licensing—Root and Rebound (discussion and possible action)
11. Council Members’ Comments, Questions, and Requests for Future Agenda Items (discussion only).
12. Public Comment on Any Item Listed Above, as well as Items not Listed on the Agenda.