San Francisco Pretrial Diversion Project, Inc. seeks Pretrial Services Officer I
The Pretrial Services Officer I is a training classification to learn all aspects of the PSO III, which includes analyzing pertinent information and data for the criminal justice stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Learn to summarize RAP sheets and criminal histories accurately.
• Gather and organize all documents efficiently to be submitted to court.
• Timely processing of rebooked clients, releases and probable cause as needed.
• Contact clients to advise of court dates.
• Understand and complete PSA (Public Safety Assessment) tool
• Accurately enter and update client information as needed.
• Pretrial Service Officers may be assigned to work on weekends, handle duties such as probable cause, releases, court cases and delegating intern assignments.
• Learn and utilize the CMS (Court Management System).
• Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
Click here for complete job description: Pretrial Services Officer I.pdf
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
San Francisco Pretrial Divesion Project, Inc., seeks Assertive Case Management Case Manager
The Case Manager is responsible for assisting in modification of progress reports and court functions by actively reviewing client program plans to ensure court requirements are properly met. This also includes the responsibility for preparation of documentation and outcomes, as well as, reviewing and monitoring active cases to ensure timely programmatic completion and preparation of appropriate reports to the Court. The ACM case manager is responsible for providing a pretrial detention alternative for previously incarcerated defendants, while giving clients support services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Establish and cultivate mutually respectful relationship with clients.
• Monitor and supervise clients as necessary to ensure compliance with court requirements as well as client PSN, exercising independent discretion and judgment.
• Timely preparation of court reports.
• Conduct verification follow ups.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues to review and analyze case status for case follow up and court report preparation.
• Perform timely case work as needed on misdemeanor and felony matters.
• Initiate, establish and maintain on-going relationships with other social service and community organizations through site visits and regular follow up.
• Conduct thorough and concise out of or in custody interviews.
• Assist to modify initial client treatment plans as needed.
• Provide orientation of in custody releases.
• Screen, assess and complete release plans for clients.
• Work with Project team to ensure all active clients are regularly seen and are progressing with care plan.
• Handles the maintenance of case files and records.
• Work with Program team to provide crisis intervention on an as-needed basis.
• Ensure that all data is being captured in the Information Management System, including outcomes and updating of court status.
• Assist with Court appearances for ACM clients.
• Develop relationship with Collections Unit, including escorting clients to appointments monitoring agreements.
• Counsel clients on a regular basis regarding conditions of release including m personalrsonal service need objectives.
• Provides client transport to services as necessary and appropriate.
• Handles client relocation when necessary.
• Serves as Residential Program Specialist that includes linkages, intakes, and transports.
• Maintain positive working relationships with treatment providers.
• Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
• Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
Click here for complete job description: Assertive Case Management Case Manager.pdf
Email cover leeter and resume to: email@example.com
San Francisco Adult Probation Department seeks a Public Service Aide
This is a part-time position.
The Probation Aide training program is designed to offer various types of trainee or entry level opportunities in a variety of settings within the Adult Probation Department. The position will provide an introduction to Probation career options and role models while allowing incumbents to learn about the Adult Probation Department’s work environment.
The Adult Probation Department uses evidence based supervision practices to provide meaningful supervision and case management for probation clients under the Department's supervision. The Department specializes with gender specific, sex offender, domestic violence, gang, mental health, transitional aged youth, substance abuse, reentry services, victim restitution, post release community supervision and mandatory community supervision.
The Adult Probation Department is committed to providing qualified candidates with valuable training and work experience in Probation Supervision. This assignment provides comprehensive exposure to probation services and supervision, and can be extremely beneficial in preparing for a career in probation, law enforcement, social services, public government, and corrections entities.
San Francisco SafeHouse is seeking a HOPE Center Director
Opened in 1998, San Francisco SafeHouse is a 501(c)3 non-profit program that provides a transitional housing to homeless women escaping prostitution and also works with at-risk homeless women on the street. SafeHouse staff provides guidance through the women’s recovery from alcohol and substance abuse, domestic violence, abuse from childhood, and other traumatic situations. During our program, they receive therapy, intensive case management, participate in recovery programs, learn money management, return to school, find employment and housing, and ultimately live independently.
The HOPE Center Director is responsible for the day-to-day direct services programming of SafeHouse’s drop-in services center in the Tenderloin and for community programming. The HOPE Center Director will work closely with the Executive Director as SafeHouse. This position requires flexibility including being on call for emergencies and working some late nights and weekends.
For more information, click here: HOPE Center Director.pdf
San Francisco Adult Probation Department is seeking a Reentry Services Coordinator
Under the direction of the Reentry Division Director, the Reentry Services Coordinator will coordinate, monitor, and evaluate reentry services funded through the San Francisco Adult Probation Department (APD). Services may be in custody or post release. The Reentry Services Coordinator plays a lead role in competitive services bid processes, and establishes and oversees an array of grants and professional services contracts and leads strategic planning efforts to ensure streamlined efforts across APD funded reentry services, as well as criminal justice and community partners. The Reentry Services Coordinator also supports the Reentry Policy Coordinator in staffing the Reentry Council, Sub Committees, and the Community Corrections Partnership, and provides other reentry services assistance as requested.
For more information, go to https://www.jobaps.com/SF/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=PEX&R2=9774&R3=081229.
JVS has a robust listing of jobs!
Every year, JVS helps over 3,000 youth and adults succeed through skills training and the right connections. Job listings are available here. They also have job training programs. Click here for their Digital Marketing Program. And click here for their Job Search Applicator. You can also sign up for their job seeker newsletter.
Swords to Plowshares is providing paid apprenticeships for veterans interested in a career as a surveyor
Swords to Plowshares is working with a leading apprenticeship provider to help veterans begin the process to develop a career working as a surveyor, determining the topography of land to assist in the building a design of construction projects. The lowest pay for apprentices at the starting step is $16.39/hr, with increases every 1,000 hours worked. As experience is gained, surveyors can make $38/hr or more!
Are you ready for a challenging and rewarding career? Candidate requirements:
• Competence in geometry, trigonometry, physics, and engineering
• Clean driving record over the past five years
• Valid CA driver’s license
• Passing scores on a required test (practice tests available!)
• Minimum of a high school diploma, including transcript
• Ability to work well on a team
• Aptitude for physically demanding work
Interested candidates will begin the process by submitting a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with branch of service and dates served. Honorably discharged veterans will receive
preference in the employer’s ranking system. Apply by Monday, May 1st.
Success Center SF has job listings!
Go to http://www.successcentersf.org/careers/ to see what's available.
HealthRight 360 has many job openings!
Go to http://www.healthright360.org/jobs for up-to-date information.
Rockwood Leadership Institute
Rockwood Leadership Institute provides personal transformative leadership practices and resources that connect social change leaders in powerful networks to create a just, sustainable and equitable world.
Rockwood does not do ‘business as usual.’ Our commitment to our values influences every aspect of our organization—what we do and how we do it.
Our core values include:
- Radical inclusion.
- Relationship over task.
- Giving and receiving direct feedback.
- Kindness over niceness.
- Leading from purpose, individually and as an organization.
Rockwood Leadership Institute is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. In accordance with applicable law, Rockwood prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.
Burns Institute is hiring!
Go to http://www.burnsinstitute.org/jobs/ to check out openings.
Rubicon often has jobs available. Please check their website: http://www.rubiconprograms.org/careersatrubicon.html for the most up-to-date information.
Please go to their website: http://www.bayareacs.org/join-our-cause/ for more information.
The Reset Foundation is seeking engaged, passionate, and highly competent individuals.
Please go to their website: https://theresetfoundation.org/get-involved/join-our-team/ for current information.