SAN FRANCISCO POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 26, 2003
Thomas J. Cahill Hall of Justice
850 Bryant Street, Room 551
San Francisco, California
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes for Police Commission Meetings of March 12th, and 18, 2003
- Approval of Consent Calendar
- Assignment of Commissioner and Setting of Date for Taking of Evidence on Disciplinary Charges filed against Officer Alex E. Fagan, Jr., Support Services (File No. C03-093 JWA)
- Assignment of Commissioner and Setting of Date for Taking of Evidence on Disciplinary Charges filed against Officer Matthew P. Tonsing, Support Services (File No. C03-094 JWA)
- Assignment of Commissioner and Setting of Date for Taking of Evidence on Disciplinary Charges filed against Officer David A. Lee, Staff Services (File No. C03-093 JWA)
- Police Commission Announcements
a. Motion of Calendaring of New Items
- Chief's Announcements and Review of Recent Department Events
- OCC Director's Report re: Staffing and Budget and Summary of Recent Events
- Public Comments
(Members of the public may address the Commission on items that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Police Commission that do not appear on the agenda.)
- Disposition on Disciplinary Charges filed against Officer Laurence B. Barker, Support Services (File No. C01-118 JWA0)
- Request of the Chief of Police for Approval to Accept a Donation of a Smith & Wesson Breaktop .38 5-shot Revolver, Serial No. 143792, valued at approximately $175.00, from Mr. James Hodgen, for the Department's Collection of Antique Firearms
(The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.)
*There will be Public Comments on any item before or during discussion of each item.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
(Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code)
Government's duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public.
Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people's business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people's review.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE OR TO REPORT VIOLATION OF THE ORDINANCE, CONTACT THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE TASK FORCE: DONNA HALL, ADMINISTRATOR, CITY HALL, ROOM 244, #1 DR. CARLTON B. GOODLETT PLACE, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102-4689; OFFICE (415) 554-7724; FAX (415) 554-5163; E-mail: Donna_Hall@ci.sf.ca.us. Copies of the Sunshine Ordinance can be obtained from the Clerk of the Sunshine Task Force, the San Francisco Public Library, and on the City's website at sfbos.org/sunshine
Lobbyist Registration and Reporting Requirements
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [SF Campaign & Government Code §2.100] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the San Francisco Ethics Commission at 30 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 3900, San Francisco, CA 94102; telephone (415) 581-2300; fax (415) 581-2317; website www.sfgov.org/ethics.