SAN FRANCISCO POLICE COMMISSION
WEDNESDAY, July 06, 2005
#1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
|Dr. Joe Marshall
Sgt. Joe Reilly
CLOSED SESSION (5:30 p.m. in Room 400)
- Public Comment on all matters pertaining to Closed Session
- Vote on whether to hold Closed Session to confer with legal counsel. (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(d)) (ACTION ITEM)
- Closed Session pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(b) and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(d)(2)
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
ANTICIPATED LITIGATION: AS DEFENDANT
Threatened litigation against the City relating to Department General Order 3.10, AFirearm Discharge Review Board@
Pledge of Allegiance; Roll Call
- Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussion held in Closed Session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12(a))
- Public Comment
(Members of the public may address the Commission on items that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Police Commission that do not appear on the agenda.)
The Commission may decide to consider Item Nos. 6 to 7, in whole or in part, in Closed Session pursuant to Government Code section 54957(b)(1) and S.F. Administrative Code section 67.10(b). In which case:
a. Public Comment on all matters pertaining to the Closed Session.
b. Reconvene to open session:
i. Possible report on action taken in Closed Session, pursuant
to Government Code section 54757.1 and S.F.
administrative Code section 67.12(b).
ii. Vote whether to disclose any or all of the discussion held
in Closed Session pursuant to S.F. Administrative Code
- Discussion and possible action to approve the Chief=s recommendation for stipulated disposition of the disciplinary charges filed against Sergeant Jeffrey Barry
(File No. C04-062 JWA) (ACTION ITEM)
- Hearing on the disciplinary charges filed against Patrol Special Officer Calvin C. Wiley (File No. H04-057 JWA), discussion and possible action to dispose of the charges (ACTION ITEM)
- Chief's Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Update on significant policing efforts by Department members
- OCC Director's Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Review of Recent Activities
b. Presentation of First Quarter Early Warning Report
- Discussion on proposed revisions to Department General Order 3.19, AEarly Intervention System@ (DISCUSSION ONLY)
- Approval of minutes for the Police Commission meeting of March 9, 2005 (ACTION ITEM)
- Commission Announcements (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Assignment of disciplinary charges filed against Officer Michael K. Turkington (File No. C04-224 JCT) to an individual Commissioner for the taking of evidence on a date to be determined by the Commissioner (ACTION ITEM)
b. Assignment of disciplinary charges filed against Officer Arkady Zlobinsky (File No. C04-223 JCT) to an individual Commissioner for the taking of evidence on a date to be determined by the Commissioner (ACTION ITEM)
- Scheduling of items identified for consideration at future Commission meetings (DISCUSSION ONLY)
PLEASE NOTE: The Police Commission will be holding a Special Meeting this month at a location other than City Hall.
- The Commission will hold its Community Meeting at the Bayview District at the Southeast Community Facility, Alex L. Pitcher, Jr. Community Room, 1800 Oakdale Avenue, San Francisco, at 6:00 p.m., on Wednesday, July 27, 2005, to hear comments from the public and Bayview Station Captain Rick Bruce concerning public protections issues in the Bayview District.
*** SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA ITEMS THAT ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT THE POLICE COMMISSION OFFICE, THOMAS J. CAHILL HALL OF JUSTICE, 850 BRYANT STREET, ROOM 505, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS. (415) 553-1667
The Commission will hear public comment on all agenda items before or during discussion of the item. Public comment is limited to three minutes for individuals and five minutes for representatives of organizations.
(The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.)
*There will be Public Comments on any item before or during discussion of each item.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
(Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code)
Government's duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public.
Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people's business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people's review.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE OR TO REPORT VIOLATION OF THE ORDINANCE, CONTACT THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE TASK FORCE: DONNA HALL, ADMINISTRATOR, CITY HALL, ROOM 244, #1 DR. CARLTON B. GOODLETT PLACE, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102-4689; OFFICE (415) 554-7724; FAX (415) 554-5163; E-mail: Donna_Hall@ci.sf.ca.us. Copies of the Sunshine Ordinance can be obtained from the Clerk of the Sunshine Task Force, the San Francisco Public Library, and on the City's website at sfbos.org/sunshine
Lobbyist Registration and Reporting Requirements
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [SF Campaign & Government Code §2.100] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the San Francisco Ethics Commission at 30 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 3900, San Francisco, CA 94102; telephone (415) 581-2300; fax (415) 581-2317; website www.sfgov.org/ethics.