REDISTRICTING TASK FORCE
October 5, 2011, 6:00 PM
City Hall, Room 416
1. Call to Order and Roll Call.
Eric McDonnell, Chair
Jenny Lam, Vice Chair
2. Data Sources and Criteria for District Boundaries. (Discussion and possible action.) The Task Force will discuss required criteria, additional criteria, and data sources, and may take action to adopt criteria or select data sources. Karin MacDonald, Project Manager and Senior Redistricting Consultant for Q2 Data & Research, will lead the discussion.
3. Outreach Planning. (Discussion and possible action.) (Explanatory Document: Draft Schedule for Off-Site Outreach Meetings) The Task Force will review the draft schedule for off-site community meetings in November 2011. It will also discuss, and may act upon, outreach timing, planning, communications and budget.
4. Redistricting Task Force Budget. (Discussion.) The Task Force will discuss its existing budget, especially concerning outreach, and possible ways in which to seek additional funds.
5. Content of Community Outreach Meetings. (Discussion.) The Task Force will discuss the content of the November 2011 community meetings, including but not limited to agenda items, presentations, and the respective roles and responsibilities of Task Force Members and the Redistricting Consultant.
6. Talking Points. (Discussion.) (Explanatory Document: Talking Points) The Chair will present talking points regarding the work of the Task Force.
7. Outreach to Past Task Force Members. (Discussion and possible action.)
8. Redistricting Task Force Member Reports. (Discussion.) Individual members of the Task Force will report on their respective discussions with members of the public or public officials concerning the Task Force's future work.
9. Future Agenda Items. (Discussion.)
10. Public Comment. Members of the public may address the Task Force on matters that are within the Task Force's jurisdiction and are not on today’s agenda.
Explanatory Documents: Copies of Explanatory Documents listed in this agenda, if any, and other related materials received by the Redistricting Task Force after the posting of the agenda, are available for public inspection at City Hall, Room 244, Reception Desk.
Audio recordings of the meetings of the Redistricting Task Force are available at http://sfgov2.org/index.aspx?page=2622.
Public Comment will be taken before or during the Task Force’s consideration of each agenda item. Each member of the public will be allotted the same maximum number of minutes to speak as set by the Chair at the beginning of each item, excluding City representatives, except that public speakers using translation assistance will be allowed to testify for twice the amount of the public testimony time limit. If simultaneous translation services are used, speakers will be governed by the public testimony time limit applied to speakers not requesting translation assistance.
During General Public Comment, members of the public will have an opportunity to directly address the Task Force on items of interest to the public that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Task Force and are not on the agenda. Members of the public may address the Task Force for up to three minutes, except that public speakers using translation assistance will be allowed to testify for twice the amount of the public testimony time limit.
The hearing room is wheelchair accessible. Assistive listening devices are available upon request at the meeting. To request sign language interpreters, readers, large print agendas or other accommodations, please contact Madeleine Licavoli at (415) 554-7722 or (415) 554-5227 (TTY). Requests made at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting will help to ensure availability.
The nearest accessible BART station is Civic Center (Market/Grove/Hyde Streets). Accessible MUNI Metro lines are the F, J, K, L, M, N, T (exit at Civic Center or Van Ness Stations). MUNI bus lines also serving the area are the 5, 6, 9, 19, 21, 47, 49, 71, and 71L. For more information about MUNI accessible services, call (415) 701-4485.
There is accessible parking in the vicinity of City Hall at Civic Center Plaza and adjacent to Davies Hall and the War Memorial Complex. Accessible curbside parking is available on Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place and Grove Street.
In order to assist the City’s efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illness, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to perfumes and various other chemical-based scented products. Please help the City to accommodate these individuals.
Know Your Rights Under The Sunshine Ordinance
Government's duty is to serve the public, reaching its decision in full view of the public. Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people's business. The Sunshine Ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people's review.
For information on your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance (Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code) or to report a violation of the ordinance, contact by mail the Sunshine Ordinance Task Force, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 244, San Francisco CA 94102, by phone at (415) 554-7724, by fax at (415) 554-7854 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Citizens may obtain a free copy of the Sunshine Ordinance by printing Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code on the Internet, at http://www.sfbos.org/sunshine.
Lobbyist Registration and Reporting Requirements
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [SF Campaign & Governmental Conduct Code Sec. 2.100] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the San Francisco Ethics Commission at 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA 94102; telephone (415) 252-3100; fax (415) 252-3112; web site www.sfgov.org/ethics.