Veterans' Affairs Commission - November 14, 2017 - Agenda
VETERANS AFFAIRS COMMISSION
City and County of San Francisco
Mailing Address: S.F. Veterans Affairs Commission, City Hall
1 Goodlett Place, Room 051, San Francisco, CA 94102
TUESDAY, November 14, 2017, 6:00 PM
Location: Room 416, San Francisco City Hall
President Michael Maffei, Presiding
- Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance
- ROLL CALL (Please sign-in on Attendance Sheet)
- REVIEW of Current Meeting Agenda for approval (action item)
- REVIEW of Draft Minutes of SFVAC meeting of October 10, 2017 (action item)
- Call for Public Comment (Introduction and general comments by guests) (please keep comments to 2 minutes)
- Officers’ Reports:
- President’s Report, SFVAC President Michael Maffei
- Vice President’s Report, SFVAC Vice President Dwane Kennedy
- Secretary’s Report
- Old Business:
- Commissioner Barnickel to report on Veterans Jobs Fair
- New Business: (Speakers, please keep your presentation under 10 minutes)
- Commission nominations for President, Vice-President, and Secretary (first round)
- Notice - The 6th Annual SF Veterans Film Festival is 12.2-3. @ the Public Library. More info can be found on their site: sfveteransfilmfestival.org
- Notice - Veterans Town Hall put on by OneVet One Voice & CCSF Veteran Resource Center on 11.15 from 0900 1200 @ CCSF (Room 140).
- Continued Discussion of San Francisco Veterans Study, Commissioners Olivieri and Noetzel, Leads.
- Veterans Related Legislation: New or possible legislation affecting Veterans or Veterans Community
- Announcements following this agenda
- Honors Report and Moment of Silence: In memory of American Armed Service Members who have made the ultimate sacrifice in all wars and conflicts, plus the passing of homeless veterans and veterans who died while waiting approval of benefits requests and suicides within the veterans and armed services community.
Note: Commissioners who are unable to attend this meeting or expecting to be late are asked to notify Commissioners Maffei and Kennedy prior to the meeting at email@example.com or via text message.
This document is Official Business of the Veterans Affairs Commission, City and County of San Francisco. It is part of the official Public Record of the City and County of San Francisco.
Public Records are covered under the State of California Brown Act, as well as the Sunshine Ordinance of the City and County of San Francisco. These acts ensure that deliberations of City Business are conducted “before the People,” and that City and County operations are open to the People’s review.
For information on your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance (Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code), or to report a violation of the ordinance, please contact: Mr. Chris Ruston, Administrator, Sunshine Ordinance Task Force, at (415) 554-7724.
Veterans Affairs Commission Meetings:
General meetings of the SFVAC are scheduled for 6:00 p.m. on the second Tuesday of every month, with the exception for the month of July, when there is no scheduled SF VAC meeting, and are held in Room 416 in City Hall.
Meeting confirmation, and specific announcement of general meetings are made via public posting of the Meeting Agenda as required by law, at least 72 hours prior to scheduled meetings. Agendas for SFVAC meetings (and archived meeting minutes) are available on the SFVAC Pages of the City of San Francisco website, and are also available for public view and inspection at the 5th Floor Government Information Center at the San Francisco Public Library, at 100 Larkin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102. The documents librarian telephone number is (415) 554-4472.
City Hall of San Francisco is wheelchair accessible via all entrances. There is wheelchair accessible public parking nearby, including the underground garage at the north side of City Hall. The nearby BART/MUNI station (Civic Center) is wheelchair accessible as are nearby city bus lines and stops. For more public transit information services, call (415) 923-6142 or dial 311.
If you or a Veteran you know is in immediate danger to themselves or others, please call 911 or visit your local emergency room. The Veterans Crisis Line is also available by texting 838255 or by going to their website and chatting with a mental health professional.
24/7 Confidential Support
Text MYLIFE to 741741