Meetings - March 15, 2019 - Agenda
MAYOR’S DISABILITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Friday, March 15, 2018
1 P.M. – 4 P.M.
Room 400, City Hall
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
MDC COUNCIL MEMBERS
Denise Senhaux, Co-Chair
Jim Blacksten, Co-Chair
Sally Coghlan McDonald
NICOLE BOHN, DIRECTOR
MAYOR’S OFFICE ON DISABILITY
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. WELCOME, INTRODUCTION, and ROLL CALL.
2. ACTION ITEM: Reading and Approval of the Agenda.
3. PUBLIC COMMENT: Items not on today’s agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the MDC. We welcome the public’s participation during public comment periods. There will be an opportunity for public comment at the beginning and end of the meeting, as well as after every item on today’s agenda. Each comment is limited to 3 minutes and the Council will respond to your comments following the meeting if you provide your contact information. You may complete a speaker’s card, available in the front of the room, approach the microphone during public comment, or call our bridge line at 1 (415) 554-9632, where a staff person will handle requests to speak at the appropriate time.
4. INFORMATION ITEM: Co-Chair Report.
5. INFORMATION ITEM: Report from the Mayor’s Office on Disability. Please note that the Director’s reports can be found on the “What’s New” section of MOD’s website at http://sfgov.org/sfmdc/whats-new
6. INFORMATION ITEM: : Better Market Street Project Updates. This presentationwill provide an update on the Better Market Street project including status, schedule and conceptual design. The conceptual design will include the proposed loading zones and center and curbside boarding islands. Presentation byCristina Calderon Olea, Better Market Street Project Manager, San Francisco Department of Public Works.
[Council Questions and Public Comment]
[BREAK: The Council will take a 15 minute break].
7. INFORMATION ITEM: San Francisco’s Housing Strategic Plan. This presentation will include San Francisco’s five-year planning process for the consolidated housing plan, analysis of impediments to fair housing choice and a specific HIV housing plan. Presentation by Teresa Yanga, Director of Housing Research, Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development.
[Council Questions and Public Comment]
8. CEREMONIAL ITEM: Honoring Donna Adkins, former Programmatic Access Specialist and Council Clerk who left her position in January. Council members, staff and the public are invited to speak.
9. PUBLIC COMMENT: Items not on today’s agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the MDC. Each speaker is limited to three minutes. Please approach the microphone or give your comment card to the MOD staff.
10. INFORMATION ITEM: Correspondence.
11. DISCUSSION ITEM: Council Member comments and announcements.
Accessible Meeting Information
City Hall is accessible to persons using wheelchairs and other assistive mobility devices. Wheelchair access is provided at the Grove, Van Ness and McAllister streets via ramps. Wheelchair access at the Polk Street/ Carlton B. Goodlett entrance is provided through a wheelchair lift. Assistive listening devices are available and the meeting itself will be real-time captioned and sign language interpreted.
Please make your requests for agendas in alternative format or additional accommodations to Council Clerk Heather Kittel at 1 + (415) 554-6789 (V), or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Requesting accommodations at least 72 hours prior to the meeting will help to ensure availability.
The nearest accessible BART station is Civic Center Plaza at the intersection of Market, Grove, and Hyde Streets. The accessible MUNI Metro lines are the J, K, L, M, and N (Civic Center Station or Van Ness Avenue Station). MUNI bus lines serving the area are the 47 Van Ness, the 49 Van Ness, 9 San Bruno, 5-Fulton, 6, 7, and 21-Hayes. Accessible curbside parking is available on 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place and Grove Street.
In order to assist the City in accommodating persons with severe allergies, environmental illness, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, please refrain from wearing scented products to MDC Meetings or when visiting the MOD Office. This includes perfume, scented lotions, detergents, or hairsprays, etc. Thank you for helping us to provide meetings that are fully accessible to all people with disabilities.
Please follow this link to MOD’s Director’s Report
http://sfgov.org/sfmdc/whats-new . The reports will be uploaded for review the Monday following the MDC meetings.
Per the Language Access Ordinance (Chapter 91 of the San Francisco Administrative Code), Chinese, Spanish and or Filipino (Tagalog) interpreters will be available upon request. Assistance in additional languages may be honored whenever possible. To request assistance with these services please contact the Council Clerk at (415) 554-6789 or email@example.com at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. Late requests will be fulfilled if possible.
根據語言服務條例（三藩市行政法典第91章），中文、西班牙語和/或菲律賓語（泰加洛語）傳譯人員在收到要求後將會提供傳譯服務。其他語言協助在可能的情況下也將可提供。上述的要求，請於會議前最少48小時致電 (415) 554-6789或電郵至 firstname.lastname@example.org向會議秘書 Joanna Fraguli提出。逾期提出的請求，若可能的話，亦會被考慮接納。
Spanish ACCESO A IDIOMAS
De acuerdo con la Ordenanza de Acceso a Idiomas (Capítulo 91 del Código Administrativo de San Francisco), habrá intérpretes de Chino, Español y/o Filipino (Tagalo) disponibles de ser requeridos. La asistencia en otros idiomas será tomada en consideración siempre y cuando sea posible. Para solicitar asistencia con estos servicios por favor comuníquese con el Secretario del Concilio Joanna Fraguli al (415) 554-6789, o email@example.com por lo menos 48 horas antes de la reunión. Las solicitudes tardías serán tomadas en consideración de ser posible.
Filipino PAG-ACCESS SA WIKA
Ayon sa Language Access Ordinance (Chapter 91 ng San Francisco Administrative Code), maaaring mag-request ng mga tagapagsalin sa wikang Tsino, Espanyol, at/o Filipino (Tagalog). Maaaring humingi ng tulong sa ibang wika. Sa mga ganitong uri na kahilingan, mangyaring tumawag sa Council Clerk Joanna Fraguli sa (415) 554-6789, o firstname.lastname@example.org sa hindi bababa sa 48 oras bago ng pagpupulong. Kung maaari, ang mga late na hiling ay pagbibigyan.
Mayor’s Disability Council Accessible Documents Policy
Please note that no materials may be distributed for consideration or review by Council Members at a meeting, unless these materials have been provided to MOD Staff in electronic format at least two days (and preferably four days) prior to the meeting. For further information, please call or contact the Mayor’s Office on Disability at 1 + (415) 554-6789, Voice or email MOD@sfgov.org
Meeting Broadcast & Webcast
For persons with disabilities or others who cannot attend in person, meetings are broadcast (open captioned) on SFGTV Channel 26. Call 1 + (415) 554-4188 for listings. MDC Meetings are also video streamed live and are archived at: http://sanfrancisco.granicus.com/ViewPublisher.php?view_id=17
Videotapes of the three most recent MDC meetings are made available ten days after the meeting date in the Main Public Library.
Telephone Bridge Line at 1 + (415) 554-9632
Members of the public who wish to listen to and/or participate in this meeting but are unable to physically attend, may call into the Council’s ‘Telephone Bridge Line’ at 1 + (415) 554-9632. Up to thirty persons may listen on this conference line, and may be recognized to speak during public comment periods. Call 1 + (415) 554-9632 after 1:00 p.m. and a staff person will handle requests to speak at the appropriate times on the agenda.