January 12, 2011
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 70
1. Action. Hearing and possible motion to recommend amendments of lotteryspace-assignment procedures for Downtown and Fisherman’s Wharf areas. (continued from 11/10/10 meeting)
2. Action. Discussion and possible motion to:
(a) approve Street Artists Program budget for Fiscal Year 2011-12 andcorresponding proposed Street Artist certificate fee for Fiscal Year 2011-12.As required by Proposition “K” of November 8, 1983, any certificate feeincreases would be limited to those necessary in order to finance the costs ofthe Arts Commission in administering and enforcing the provisions of the StreetArtists Ordinance; and
(b) authorize the Street Artists Program Director to ask the City Attorney’sOffice to draft a corresponding fee ordinance for submission to the Board ofSupervisors for approval.
3. Discussion. Street Artists Program Director’s Report.
4. Action. Hearingand possible motion to recommend rescission of screening criteria for “Slumped/FlattenedBottles and Labels” approved by Arts Commission as Resolution No. 0913-10-250 onSeptember 13, 2010 and to recommend adoption of the followingcriteria recommended by the City Attorney for “Slumped/Flattened or Re-Shaped Bottles”:
“Slumped/Flattened or Re-Shaped Bottles: Street Artists wishing to sellslumped, flattened, or re-shaped commercially manufactured bottles mustprepare, finish, and significantly alter the original form of the bottles.”
5. Discussion. Report by Street ArtistsLiaison Committee.
6. Action. Hearingand possible motion to approve Program Director’s recommendation of denial ofcertificate or renewal.
Mucheru Njaga – Certificate #8173 (expired 9/8/10). Alleged violation:
Selling jewelry items not created by Mr. Mucheru.
7. Discussion.New Business/Public Comment.
Explanatorydocuments are available for public inspection and copying at the ArtsCommission office, 25 Van NessAvenue, Suite 240, San Francisco,CA 94102during regular business hours. Tel: INFO: (Howard Lazar 415-252-2583).
Publiccomment in regard to specific items will be taken before or duringconsideration of the item.
The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producingelectronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that theChair may order the removal from the meeting of any person(s) responsible forthe ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producingelectronic devices.
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence locallegislative or administrative action may be required by the San FranciscoLobbyist Ordinance (San Francisco Campaign and Governmental Conduct CodeSections 2.100 – 2.160) to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the LobbyistOrdinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 25 Van Ness, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA94102, telephone (415)252-3100, fax (415) 252-3112 and web site.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINEORDINANCE
Government’s duty is to serve the public, reaching its decision in fullview of the public. Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of theCity and County exist to conduct the people’s business. This ordinance assures that deliberations areconducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people’sreview. For more information on your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance or toreport a violation of the ordinance, contact Frank Darby by mail toAdministrator, Sunshine Ordinance Task Force, City Hall, 1 Dr. Carlton B.Goodlett Place, Room 244, San Francisco CA 94102-4689; by phone at (415) 554-7724;by fax at (415) 554-7854; or by email at email@example.com.
Citizens interested in obtaining a free copy of the Sunshine Ordinance canrequest a copy from Mr. Darby or by printing Chapter 67 of the San FranciscoAdministrative Code on the Internet, http:/sfbos.org/sunshine