Lower Haight Public Realm Plan
The Lower Haight Public Realm Plan is Complete.
Thank you for participating in this project. On this page, you can download and read the final plan and all of the related project materials. Read the Final Plan here.
About the Project
The Lower Haight Public Realm Plan aims to develop a community-based vision for the neighborhood's public realm: its streets, sidewalks, parks, and public places. Based on this vision, the Plan will propose recommendations that would complement and enhance the area's public realm. The Plan will also incorporate conceptual streetscape designs for pedestrian amenities such as lighting, greenery, and signage to create a more safe, comfortable, and efficient environment for all users, whether they walk, bicycle, use transit, or drive. Finally, the Plan will explore ways to promote the public realm as a place reflective of the neighborhood's unique character.
The Lower Haight Public Realm Plan is inspired by a proposal from the Lower Haight Merchants and Neighbors Association (LoHaMNA) and is made possible by generous funding through District 5 Supervisor London Breed.
No events scheduled at this time.
Final Lower Haight Public Realm Plan - Summer 2017
Open House #1 – November 18, 2015
- Open House Comments
- Workshop - Base Map #1
- Workshop - Base Map #2
- Workshop - Ideas Board #1
- Workshop - Ideas Board #2
- Workshop - Ideas Board #3
- Workshop - Neighborland Board
Open House #2 – May 9, 2016
- Community Input
- Greening + Lighting
- What is a Green Connection?
- Haight Street Introduction
- Haight Street Concept Design
- Page Street Concept Design Segment 1
- Page Street Concept Design Segments 2 + 3
Open House #3 – March 15, 2017
- Open House Summary
- Open House Board: Project Overview
- Open House Board: Haight Street Public Realm Design
- Open House Board: Haight Street Public Realm Design Renderings
- Open House Board: Page Street Green Connection
- Open House Board: Call for Temporary Public Space Installations/Programs
Several related City efforts will be integrated into the Lower Haight Public Realm Plan.
- Wiggle Neighborhood Green Corridor Project, SFMTA, May 2015
- MUNI Forward – 7 Haight Noriega Rapid Project, SFMTA, 2014
- Green Connections, San Francisco Planning
- Market and Octavia Area Plan, San Francisco Planning
Sign up here for email updates on the program.
For more information on the project, please contact:
San Francisco Planning